Investing General Discussion

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's not any rhyme or reason or analytics, fundamentals, whatever to show why this is happening right?

Fledgling sector. This is the same thing as the beginning of the tech boom. Gonna be all hype every time there is news that maybe, perhaps, at some point, it will be federally legal in the US.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's not any rhyme or reason or analytics, fundamentals, whatever to show why this is happening right?
It’s just crowdsourcing trying to ‘beat the system’ and make money.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
It’s just crowdsourcing trying to ‘beat the system’ and make money.
5502145.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's a lot of factors. TLRY and SNDL were going up even before the WSB meme stock wars. Look at the volume on them. TLRY also had a big merger yesterday or the day before. Factor in all these things together and you get the explosion you're seeing this week.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This weed stock boom is fun so far. I've only got 3% of my portfolio in various cannabis stocks and literally don't care what happens to it.

Ready to let it ride... or die!

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Guys, I'm not saying they won't have a presence with weed. I'm saying they won't dominate the entire industry and crush everyone else.

No one under the age of 40 will ever go into a Marlboro Weed Shop when there is an all natural Earth Goddess Cannabis Boutique across the street.

For a certain crowd that’s a thing. There’s also a much bigger crowd that doesn’t give a shit about any of that, they just want to smoke their cheap weed and drink their Budweiser and have bonfires, play video games, etc. I think the market for mass produced cheap weed will be bigger than the boutique market. There’s a lot more broke rednecks than there are well off hipsters. I think they’ll both thrive.

Those people will grow weed.

Big tobacco will get some, but not nearly what they think they will get.

• 1Like

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
SNDL is having a strong after market and currently at .50+. Potential for some profit taking in the morning and will look for a good size dip to open a new position.

• 1Like

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Most of these weed companies are Canadian and while the US market is important to them eventually, it's not a core part of their current strategy. After Canada went full legalization they've been gearing up for international exports, especially to Europe, but with the US being a question mark, our market is more of a long term plan for them.

• 1Like

Pogi.G

$TLRY is up almost $9 after market for a total of +$30.30 today and now at $72 and finviz is showing a 46% short. Looks like a squeeze opportunity in the making. Just wish my account was big enough to buy a couple hundred shares.

1612997144260.png

1612997094838.png

• 1Like

Pogi.G

Anyone know what's up with $MVIS? Down $0.90 cents at market close now up $7.25 after market. I sold that off in September after holding it since June because it wasn't doing a f'n thing...

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Anyone know what's up with $MVIS? Down $0.90 cents at market close now up $7.25 after market. I sold that off in September after holding it since June because it wasn't doing a f'n thing...
Fucking mvis lol. On another forum I frequent that was a pick for them, when it was $.20/share.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Fledgling sector. This is the same thing as the beginning of the tech boom. Gonna be all hype every time there is news that maybe, perhaps, at some point, it will be federally legal in the US.
Watch them mandate it having to be sold through the government or something else silly that basically nukes pot stocks from orbit. For hype and fundamentals can sometimes have a violent collision.