Investing General Discussion

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
What are the good meme stocks for today?

I got another 4K to YOLO

The less research, the better

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1To the Moon!
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Why I will never trade commodities.

I had a high school teacher who spent 20 or so years working in big finance before retiring to small town wealth management and teaching high school. His first job out of college was working at the Merc in Chicago. Which he did for 10+ years starting in the late 70s before taking a different job on Wall Street.

I was young and stupid but I always liked his analogies. Paraphrasing but he was like "throwing some money at stocks is one thing. Suppose you're playing with fire and gasoline if you're playing stocks. But if you're playing commodities you may as well douse yourself in that gasoline then start lighting matches for giggles. That's the difference in risk you're really talking about."

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
TD Ameritrade finally got their shit together fixing my account. What a mess. People were talking on Reddit about options being assigned, etc that they had sold out of and being issued margin calls. Others with double positions (buy and sell). Doesn't exactly inspire confidence!

Anyway.. today is looking to be VERY green. PSTH up a lot, EBON (bitcoin play) up a lot, longer term re-opening stocks all ticking higher.

Just need Ackman to confirm Stripe for PSTH and make us all filthy rich.

*Edit* Apparently not everyone is in the clear with TDA.

That’s insane for a major broker. Going to be interesting to see what comes out of it. I wonder if there’s any precedent for this. For example if a broker fucks up and liquidates your stocks to cover a margin call in error, are they responsible for paying back lost money when that stock increases, etc.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PLTR. A bit more detail on the revenue side. The sell was expected I think for all the people looking to buy the tumor and sell the news. Estimating over 1.5b in revenue with 23% margins. The challenge for them now is one of revenue growth. They need to line up non-govt customers. As a long term investor I am good with the numbers. They need to get into positive earnings hopefully next quarter. It wont surprise me if this is green by the close today. This thing has a lot of institutional investors so premarket retail movement may not be indicative of the rest of the day.

07:23 AM EST, 02/16/2021 (MT Newswires) -- Palantir Technologies(PLTR) posted a narrower Q4 net loss Tuesday of $0.08 per share, compared with a loss of $0.29 per share a year ago. Analysts polled by Capital IQ projected a loss of $0.14 per share.

Revenue was $322.1 million for the three months ended Dec. 31, up from $229.4 million a year ago. The Street forecast was $301.1 million.

The software company expects Q1 revenue growth of 45% year-over-year and adjusted operating margin of 23%. For full-year 2021, revenue growth is pegged at more than 30%.

Shares of the company declined more than 5% before markets open on Tuesday.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
PLTR. A bit more detail on the revenue side. The sell was expected I think for all the people looking to buy the tumor and sell the news. Estimating over 1.5b in revenue with 23% margins. The challenge for them now is one of revenue growth. They need to line up non-govt customers. As a long term investor I am good with the numbers. They need to get into positive earnings hopefully next quarter. It wont surprise me if this is green by the close today. This thing has a lot of institutional investors so premarket retail movement may not be indicative of the rest of the day.

07:23 AM EST, 02/16/2021 (MT Newswires) -- Palantir Technologies(PLTR) posted a narrower Q4 net loss Tuesday of $0.08 per share, compared with a loss of $0.29 per share a year ago. Analysts polled by Capital IQ projected a loss of $0.14 per share.

Revenue was $322.1 million for the three months ended Dec. 31, up from $229.4 million a year ago. The Street forecast was $301.1 million.

The software company expects Q1 revenue growth of 45% year-over-year and adjusted operating margin of 23%. For full-year 2021, revenue growth is pegged at more than 30%.

Shares of the company declined more than 5% before markets open on Tuesday.

I'm going to buy more while it's still cheap

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
so basically a civilian nsa for the feds

its still shocking to me that someone like Thiel is behind it
These companies are evil. we will all be slaves to big tech in 20 years. but i guess make some money on the way out?

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Blazin Blazin is there a way to predict the option bid/ask open on a stock's pre-market price? For example, what the $30 strike might look like at the open with it down 8-10%?

1613483414392.png

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Use the Delta?
Yeah I looked at that. My thought is that the Delta shifts as it gets closer to the money so going form 10% out of the money to in the money will sharply adjust the delta during the move so it wont be that accurate.

Delta is -51 cents so a 2$ drop on the underlying should make this strike sell for $2.80. Lets see if it does.