Investing General Discussion

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Would have had better luck if you bought it after my post on Friday for 9.50. Need to get bio's before the FDA announcements

Big papa Fogel did me good. I'm getting my tendies!

• 1Tendies
Reactions: 1 user

Moglyzoke Moogleman

Stock Pals VP of Shit Stocks
<Gold Donor>
that's why I didnt buy this morning, i've been burnt too many times reacting to news and not already having a position prior to news.

I guess I should hang around more on Fridays, usually i screw off all day. you called KMPH to a T.
I got in yesterday it was a rough ride. Was originally in at 10.80 but average down to 10.22.

Missed your original post Fogel, but cheers! To the moon we go soon.

• 1Tendies

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Ironic its an ADHD drug, i doubt people are going to go long on it.

• 1Tendies

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Did you already go in, or are you planning to go in, on UWMC? Contemplating jumping in if it dips an hour or two after opening.

I wouldn’t chase UWMC. It’s already around what it’s worth plus or minus. I say that as someone who was in and out of it as GHIV / UWMC and made it out alive with some profits.

See what RKT is doing today. UWMC is going to go probably a little higher then drop down a few.

Definitely wish I’d bought some at $7 as I was saying here last week it was a good deal at that amount.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>
Not at a point where I am able to max out the 401k to the max yet based on my lifestyle. Need to make some adjustments to get to that. Was more curious as to what elections would be better than just the basic targeted fund that Charles Schwab has set as default.
I looked at a couple of the symbols and couldnt pull them up. Maybe you could include the actual name of the fund options

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
I looked at a couple of the symbols and couldnt pull them up. Maybe you could include the actual name of the fund options
Oh sure thing.

Large Company -
Schwab Instl Lrg Cap Value Tr Fd-Instl
State Street Russell All Cap Index Non-Lending Series Fd C
State Street S&P 500 INdex Non-Lending Series CI K

Small/Mid Co.
Delaware Small Cap Value Instl
Loomis Sayles Small Cap Growth Trust D
State Street Russell Small Cap Index CL K

Intl/Global
Aritisan International Growth Trust Tier 3
State St Gbl All Cp Eq ex-US Ind NL CI K

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
Oh sure thing.

Large Company -
Schwab Instl Lrg Cap Value Tr Fd-Instl
State Street Russell All Cap Index Non-Lending Series Fd C
State Street S&P 500 INdex Non-Lending Series CI K

Small/Mid Co.
Delaware Small Cap Value Instl
Loomis Sayles Small Cap Growth Trust D
State Street Russell Small Cap Index CL K

Intl/Global
Aritisan International Growth Trust Tier 3
State St Gbl All Cp Eq ex-US Ind NL CI K
I believe the State Street S&P 500 is SVSPX. Net fee of 0.16.
The Scwab looks to be closed to new investors. and some of the others dont have symbols I can find.

The S&P 500 for 0.16 net fee is a tad overpriced, but it appears to be the best choice. 0.16 for a 401k is not bad.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Did you already go in, or are you planning to go in, on UWMC? Contemplating jumping in if it dips an hour or two after opening.

I use to have GHIV, which became this and then I sold it. Then bought back into it on 2/22 for 7.95ish. I just saw the covered call order I set on it has now hit at 20 strike, so I'm ride or die with it until at least march 19th.

As for SOS (mentioned above in same post), I sold it premarket today for some profit. "meme" companies sure are more stressful. I don't consider UWMC meme though, its a real company with good financials. Not scared to hold through the day traders.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
Looks like we might be in store for another sale day.

Stock Trading GIF by eToro

Fadaar

That guy
Picked up a bunch of Canaan shares at $18.80 on Monday, sold today at $25.20. +$3100!

• 6Tendies
  • 2Like
  • 1Paper Hands
Reactions: 8 users

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
I believe the State Street S&P 500 is SVSPX. Net fee of 0.16.
The Scwab looks to be closed to new investors. and some of the others dont have symbols I can find.

The S&P 500 for 0.16 net fee is a tad overpriced, but it appears to be the best choice. 0.16 for a 401k is not bad.
The account allows me to have self directed trading. If SVSPX is something that is appealing, would I be better off doing something like self-directed SPY, QQQ, or something like that?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The account allows me to have self directed trading. If SVSPX is something that is appealing, would I be better off doing something like self-directed SPY, QQQ, or something like that?

Sounds like what I would do, and good news is SPY and QQQ is on discount right now!

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not touching either. I am mostly cash. QQQ under 311 has room all the way to the 100 day at ~306. SPY has broken through this macro support for like the 3rd time now in a couple weeks. This isnt a sharp over-reaction sell, this is a slow controlled bleed today, which is far more concerning.

At this point, I'd just welcome a full-on correction so we can move confidently in one direction or another. The day / swing trades are rough in this choppy indecisiveness.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I'd really like to just rip the band aid off. This 2% drop, 1% gain, repeat shit is crap.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
If you can self direct, take IVV. its the same as SPY but SPY doesnt allow dividend reinvestment. IV V is the Blackrock version of SPY. Net cost is like 0.03

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
Not touching either. I am mostly cash. QQQ under 311 has room all the way to the 100 day at ~306. SPY has broken through this macro support for like the 3rd time now in a couple weeks. This isnt a sharp over-reaction sell, this is a slow controlled bleed today, which is far more concerning.

At this point, I'd just welcome a full-on correction so we can move confidently in one direction or another. The day / swing trades are rough in this choppy indecisiveness.
I looked to add FTEC at 102 but it failed to dip that low. Added some more QQQJ and some NVDA near the bottom. Still a number of orders open for today.