Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>
Wasn't there some docs recently showing that something like 80% of PSTH holders are institutional?

I mean, I can definitely see big funds manipulating to shake the paper handed retailers into selling their quality SPACs at nav prices.
yep.

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
Gee, what happened to stocks? Ask Janet Powell. The 10-year yield went parabolic with his speech.

1614883524181.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
10-year at 1.54%
The good news is there is probably a ton of resistance at 2%.
The bad news is the amount of pain for stocks while the 10-year goes from 1.54% to 2.0% is ass ravaging.

1614883768955.png

Moglyzoke Moogleman

Stock Pals VP of Shit Stocks
<Gold Donor>
This is why I like selling covered calls. Think of them as a limit sell order that you can't change and get paid a premium too. Its easy to get ready, and cancel your sell orders, hoping for a even more greedy gain.

I had overstock in Feburary, sold covered calls on it in the 90's. They got called away and sold on my behalf. Seeing how overstock is now around 60, I'm thankful. Ditto with CCIV.

Now I had NIVIDIA covered calls that were within a hairs breath of being called away at 605. Seeing how its now 500!!! I kinda wish they WERE called away. Oh well , I have the premium I was paid as a booby prize.

I do monthly, but thinking about weeklies as a more point pointed sell strategy.
I'm still so new I have no clue how to do this. I imagine this is the play for my shitter FSLY and now KMPH. Will look into. Thank you.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
GME has been the most sturdy stock today LOL.

Im feeling the probing this week for sure, no good days for me.
If we get even a small rebound I'll be looking to cut down my positions a bit.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
TSM and ASML starting to look sexy as hell. I brought them up earlier since semiconductors are heating up. They're both nearing their 100 MA. Just saw a report the senate is looking at a 30 billion dollar domestic semiconductor bill

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Surprised the media hasn't started pushing the downturn caused by meme stocks.

Energy sector still going which is odd.

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
TSM and ASML starting to look sexy as hell. I brought them up earlier since semiconductors are heating up. They're both nearing their 100 MA. Just saw a report the senate is looking at a 30 billion dollar domestic semiconductor bill
My one big concern with TSM is China. China as in the geopolitical threat to curb stomp them into submission if they perceive (or already know) that Biden wont protect them.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Earlier today I grabbed a small position on SLGG, only 200 shares at $6 after it dived at the open. It's been up $1-$2 all day since then.
Doubt I'll keep it for very long, but it's one bright spot today for me :D