Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>
This is where that Boomer stock diversity helps out.
WMT + 1.3%
PG +0.8%
KMB +1.27%
KO +1.8%
ABBV +0.9%
LMtT +0.5%
NOC +0.9%

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I entered some swing trades on bio stocks Monday morning. Shit is not looking good at the moment; however, I left plenty of room to average down a few times in each. Holding $TXMD, $ASRT, and $CTXR. Looking at SMA to see where bottoms might be and taking my chances there.

roller coaster love GIF

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
and....... We're green.

1614872850565.png

and...... We're red.

1614873351624.png

and......We're green.

1614873601879.png

roller coaster fun GIF by Vevo

I step away form my desk and return to see this...

1614880709867.png

Last edited:
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My XOM is up 4% and rising , after years it's still funny to put XOM instead of XON.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>

There’s a lot of kookiness in silver. Weird, cultish folks, fringe groups, those who actually believe it’s going to $500+ an ounce any day now, and so on. (I personally think $50 is a good target in the next 5 years.) Then there’s the rest of us who think it to be a healthy part of a portfolio in the right doses, myself owning almost 20 pounds of the stuff as a small percentage of my overall investments.

All that said, the dust this whole recent silver push has kicked up from some governmental organizations is pretty wild. This is an interesting article. The Commodity Futures Trading Commission is saying it’s “monitoring fraud and manipulation” because of a bunch of people on social media banding together to buy physical silver. That’s insane. Lots more in the article on specifics of this.

Moglyzoke Moogleman

Stock Pals VP of Shit Stocks
<Gold Donor>
Sold my KMPH, will probably buy back in if it gets back to around or under 10 as I think it can go back up either on the short interest or a potential buy out. BCRX is another bio play I want to buy in as they have a big data announcement on 3/22 but who knows with either of these in current market conditions so playing it safe for now and only buying in the 9-10 range.
What did you sell at? Grats on the tendies. For my end let's just say I'm heading to the bad part of the farm...

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What did you sell at? Grats on the tendies. For my end let's just say I'm heading to the bad part of the farm...

I got out at around 14 end of day, didn't like the way it was trending down all day + the overall market. Still waiting to see which way the market is going before buying back in

• 1Tendies

Moglyzoke Moogleman

<Gold Donor>
I got out at around 14 end of day, didn't like the way it was trending down all day + the overall market. Still waiting to see which way the market is going before buying back in
I had a sell limit order set at 20 in place but then I got greedy. Very stupid. Going forward when I set a sell limit I'll act like I can't change it.

Of course the market will be more bullish then and I'll leave money on the table. Oh well. At least I'm not in the red.

Hope others out there are following through!

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I had a sell limit order set at 20 in place but then I got greedy. Very stupid. Going forward when I set a sell limit I'll act like I can't change it.

Of course the market will be more bullish then and I'll leave money on the table. Oh well. At least I'm not in the red.

Hope others out there are following through!
Everyone here has taught me to set your stop loss and set your profit target. I think being too greedy is the source of most of my "mistakes". But I'm also working on my real job so it's usually reactionary and in the moment when I change something. But that's explicitly why you set everything up beforehand.

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
I walked away from my desk with the Nasdaq up 50 points and next thing I am hearing my deep out of the money limit orders being filled. Holy crap.

added NVDA at $495 and FTEC at the 100 DMA ($101.50)

• 1Rustled

Moglyzoke Moogleman

<Gold Donor>
Everyone here has taught me to set your stop loss and set your profit target. I think being too greedy is the source of most of my "mistakes". But I'm also working on my real job so it's usually reactionary and in the moment when I change something. But that's explicitly why you set everything up beforehand.
I'm just not very disciplined 20 was my number and I did it but then 2nd guessed myself. Will probably do it again and again. Glutton for punishment and all that.

• 1Solidarity

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I'm just not very disciplined 20 was my number and I did it but then 2nd guessed myself. Will probably do it again and again. Glutton for punishment and all that.

This is why I like selling covered calls. Think of them as a limit sell order that you can't change and get paid a premium too. Its easy to get ready, and cancel your sell orders, hoping for a even more greedy gain.

I had overstock in Feburary, sold covered calls on it in the 90's. They got called away and sold on my behalf. Seeing how overstock is now around 60, I'm thankful. Ditto with CCIV.

Now I had NIVIDIA covered calls that were within a hairs breath of being called away at 605. Seeing how its now 500!!! I kinda wish they WERE called away. Oh well , I have the premium I was paid as a booby prize.

I do monthly, but thinking about weeklies as a more point pointed sell strategy.

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
I think what we are seeing is a massive move to short the SPACs. This might actually be payback for the /wsb short squeeze guerilla war going on. It sounds like tinfoil hat shit, but it wouldn't surprise me. Big funds have the financial scale to manipulate the crap out of the SPACs with shorts in hopes of crushing the retailers in them.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think what we are seeing is a massive move to short the SPACs. This might actually be payback for the /wsb short squeeze guerilla war going on. It sounds like tinfoil hat shit, but it wouldn't surprise me. Big funds have the financial scale to manipulate the crap out of the SPACs with shorts in hopes of crushing the retailers in them.

Seems like it wouldn't be very effective if most retailers bought the SPACs near NAV. I mean, all my SPACs are down but my total losses are negligible

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
S&P is almost where it was when it closed on 12/31 making us almsot negative for 2021, to put things in perspective.

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
Seems like it wouldn't be very effective if most retailers bought the SPACs near NAV. I mean, all my SPACs are down but my total losses are negligible
Ahh thats my point. Last summer/fall, people buought SPACs near NAV, Nowadays , people speculate on them and buy them at 13, 15 or even higher. These people are being crushed. Those who were buying CCIV, LAZR etc in the 30s, 40s etc...

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wasn't there some docs recently showing that something like 80% of PSTH holders are institutional?

I mean, I can definitely see big funds manipulating to shake the paper handed retailers into selling their quality SPACs at nav prices.