Investing General Discussion

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
im pretty sure the 39.6 rate on capital gains is only on earnings over 1million. Obviously the rates / brackets may change but it looks to be only on the super high income bracket, not us peasants (yet)

they want you looking at this while they assfuck passthrough income. Pls don't question what that will do to small business and the gagillion people they employ. Your amazon stock may gain a few points though so yay!

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This shit isn't passing the Congress. He ignored Pelosi and Schumer and refused to repeal SALT in this proposal. This shit won't even get out of the House as a good 15-20 dems (all from NY, NJ, CA etc) won't pass it without a SALT repeal.

Full disclosure: SALT costs me thousands each year but I will tell you it was a brilliant money maker that McConnel and Trump passed. It generates so much revenue that it will be near impossible to repeal and it fucks Blue states so the GOP have zero reason to vote for repeal.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
theyd sell out so fast but insurance and gov wouldnt be able to spy on drivers so no

Like a lot of things. When you are no longer building soandso even though it's all documented a lot of know how rapidly disappears.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just watched the WeWork documentary on Hulu. Worth a watch if you want to see how Wallstreet and PE firms aren't as smart as they want you to think they are. I knew it was bad, but learned some fucked up details.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TWTR - I am beside myself with grief. Their earnings showed a decline in users growth. I wonder what could have caused that?

1619785796827.png

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ABBV - Double beat. This is one of my oldest holdings. I have owned it since the day they announced the Allergan purchase and the stock got crushed. This fucker just prints money.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I use Humira.

Its insane how expensive it is. The proft margin on it must be like 100,000%

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Took a bunch of profit this morning.

felt good to get the money off the table

• 2Paper Hands
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We are in that zone now where I cant find shit to do in the market. No real entry points on anything I like and not writing puts with everything up near the top. Boring.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Watching twitter for a bottom. Looking for something closer to the 200 on the daily. Looks like it might break below $56 and could see another dump there.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Friends don't let friends buy twitter

That's not how you hit a home run and get tendies. I'm still juicing for the day that myspace bounces back to the front lines. What's not to love about a stock under the targets of literally every government agency and at the center of a lot of controversy in a political climate where businesess really want to go neck deep in controversy.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
So I need to park 230k somewhere for 3 years. First year I will need ~45k of that, second year will be ~80k and third year will be the rest. Boomer folio of dividends?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
So I need to park 230k somewhere for 3 years. First year I will need ~45k of that, second year will be ~80k and third year will be the rest. Boomer folio of dividends?
Ethereum

• 1Worf