Investing General Discussion

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
with the size of these treadmills and there being 125,000 of them out in the wild I don't even know how they accomplish this recall without bankrupting the company. It's not like they have service centers everywhere. Just really got to hope that the fucking weirdo karrens that buy this dumb shit say fuck it and don't participate, but the people who'd buy something like this seems like the same demographic to take a recall like this seriously (instead of just making sure their child stays away from it).
And do they really need recalled for all the people that don’t have crawling babies? Although this does give a lot of people who buy a treadmill and use it for three months an out.

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
with the size of these treadmills and there being 125,000 of them out in the wild I don't even know how they accomplish this recall without bankrupting the company. It's not like they have service centers everywhere. Just really got to hope that the fucking weirdo karrens that buy this dumb shit say fuck it and don't participate, but the people who'd buy something like this seems like the same demographic to take a recall like this seriously (instead of just making sure their child stays away from it).
It's probably for PR and a good % of these will never be recalled.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
And do they really need recalled for all the people that don’t have crawling babies? Although this does give a lot of people who buy a treadmill and use it for three months an out.
PTON price appears to have found a floor overnight. Those puts I sold on it expiring tomorrow may be the easiest money I make this year.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Good unemployment numbers therefore the market will tank. Its just how we roll these days...

Numbers by State

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, last year we had big green market days on awful unemployment numbers. Only makes sense that it doesnt make sense!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
More pain for speculative tech. Pretty sure the group here has largely moved onto crypto from that segment.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I took my Palantir money and put it in a below nav spac. Lettuce wait...

• 1Diamond Hands

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ARKK broke down below the 200 DMA. Redemptions could end up fucking Cathy hard. And not in the good way.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The pain for PLTR call buyers with tomorrow's expiry is going to be excruciating.

1620309577487.png

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
How do you define speculative tech and how are you measuring it?
They aren't a clearly defined sector. "Last years winners" "Cathie Stocks" "Hyper growth"
Lots of software/cloud companies. Probably best to just define them as ARKK basket of stocks as a way of tracking the group. Can't really say HIGH pe since many don't have any earnings. "High P/S" probably more accurate

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
AAPL dancing above the 50 DMA. This is really the one to watch. The 50 DMA is $126.50, the 200 DMA is $122.31 and the long term support line is $121.26. If AAPL breaks below the 50 DMA it could easily elevator down to the 200 DMA and support level. The Market would puke blood if that happens.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
One of the debates that went back and forth last year when Tech was leading the recovery was "why waste money investing in value stocks, you only hurt your returns". You are seeing the answer play out the last month or two. Diversity in a portfolio is critical and not just the number of stocks but the sectors and type of stocks as well. In my particular case, while I am tech heavy, right now the HD/LMT/NOC/WMT/ABBV/PG/KMB positions I have are doing exactly what I bought them to do. And every one of them pays me a +3% dividend to somewhat compensate for the slower stock price appreciation.

Not to sounds like a SJW, but diversity matters :p

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I'm just happy this thread gives good advice for entries and exits. If not precise, they atleast help to avoid bloodbaths.

• 1Like