Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Flurry of trades for me.
New Long positions QQQ, ARKK, AMZN, QCOM, AAPL, MSFT, CRM, and WMT all via options but AMZN.

I'll post the positions in options thread.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ETSY -14%

Throw Up Tim And Eric GIF by Adult Swim

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Flurry of trades for me.
New Long positions QQQ, ARKK, AMZN, QCOM, AAPL, MSFT, CRM, and WMT all via options but AMZN.

I'll post the positions in options thread.
My seven figure buying apparently triggered a rally... I just had to chuckle at this, I don't even know how much I'm up probably so silly I'm not even going to look. I'm headed to the Rockies time to ignore this for awhile.
Capture.PNG

• 2Tendies
  • 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 2 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I was just reading Reddit "amcstock" for fun. The mental illness of people there is fascinating. There are a lot of people saying things like "I'm 24 and I've been working for six years, and I'm DONE with it. As soon as my 34 shares of AMC reach $100k I can finally just do whatever I want." (a whole six years at 24 years old!)

Reading through some of the profiles of people who post there, what they post in other subs, they all seem to follow similar patterns. Gamers, nerds, don't have good jobs, loners, etcetera. It's more of a cult than ever. Downtrodden people being conditioned that they're gonna stick it to the society that failed them with likeminded people reaffirming their ideas, easily manipulated into grandiose scenarios of wealth, and so on.

So apparently from what I've read elsewhere, a few months back, these people were content that AMC might reach $100 a share. Then it was $1000 a share. Then it got to a point if you posted that it was going to anything less than $10,000 a share, you'd be downvoted and attacked. Now people are saying AMC is going to one million a share because "even people who only own a few shares should be millionaires also."

Some gold here:

Here, this is my explanation on how and why we can technically potentially reach any price we want. ALL WE NEED TO DO IS NOT LET GO OF OUR SHARES.

The reason we can hit 100k, 250k, 500k is simple. It's not easy, it's just simple. It's supply and demand, at the end of the day. These hedgefunds? The contracts they opened allow the risk to be infinite. As in, a stock they are shorting can only go to zero. But a stock can rise and rise and rise into infinity. These hedgefunds NEED your shares. They don't want them, they NEED them. Our shares are the only shares on the world they can use. Our shares are the only shares in the world that they MUST buy. They MUST cover their shorts positions in the end. If everybody except you and me sold shares, and we had the absolute last 100k shares? We set the price. It goes for the larger scale. We. Set. The. Price. They need those 100k shares. They will do anything for these shares. They want to pay us 1000 dollars. We say no. They must buy them still. They say 10k, we say no. 50k? No. 100k? No. We said 500k, we will get 500k. They need our shares to cover. Rinse and repeat until we reach a number so high that it doesn't hurt our brains, but it hurts the hedgefunds brains. Again, their risks are infinite. They agreed to the loss equal to infinity if the stock were to rise.

So, the hedgefunds have assets. When they get margin called, they will have ALL OF THEIR ASSETS LIQUIDATED TO COVER their short positions. There are multiple hedgefunds that are shorting AMC, so we can take their money from liquidation too. I don't know the number but obviously billions and billions. After the hedgefunds money runs out, there's a 70 TRILLION dollar insurance policy that pays out to us. I didn't want to say this but I feel like leaving it out is kind of shilly and manipulative, I have no idea where the money comes from if it reaches that point. Maybe the government steps in and prints money? You have to remember it's not just AMC that's gonna squeeze. The GME/AMC squeezes will be the absolute largest transfer of wealth in the history of the world. And probably the largest transfer of wealth in the future of the world. That's a big if, but I believe it.

• 2Worf
  • 1Blown
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Damn... guess we shouldn't have sold our AMC positions Jackie. We could be rich!

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was just reading Reddit "amcstock" for fun. The mental illness of people there is fascinating. There are a lot of people saying things like "I'm 24 and I've been working for six years, and I'm DONE with it. As soon as my 34 shares of AMC reach $100k I can finally just do whatever I want." (a whole six years at 24 years old!)

Reading through some of the profiles of people who post there, what they post in other subs, they all seem to follow similar patterns. Gamers, nerds, don't have good jobs, loners, etcetera. It's more of a cult than ever. Downtrodden people being conditioned that they're gonna stick it to the society that failed them with likeminded people reaffirming their ideas, easily manipulated into grandiose scenarios of wealth, and so on.

So apparently from what I've read elsewhere, a few months back, these people were content that AMC might reach $100 a share. Then it was $1000 a share. Then it got to a point if you posted that it was going to anything less than $10,000 a share, you'd be downvoted and attacked. Now people are saying AMC is going to one million a share because "even people who only own a few shares should be millionaires also."

Some gold here:

Here, this is my explanation on how and why we can technically potentially reach any price we want. ALL WE NEED TO DO IS NOT LET GO OF OUR SHARES.

The reason we can hit 100k, 250k, 500k is simple. It's not easy, it's just simple. It's supply and demand, at the end of the day. These hedgefunds? The contracts they opened allow the risk to be infinite. As in, a stock they are shorting can only go to zero. But a stock can rise and rise and rise into infinity. These hedgefunds NEED your shares. They don't want them, they NEED them. Our shares are the only shares on the world they can use. Our shares are the only shares in the world that they MUST buy. They MUST cover their shorts positions in the end. If everybody except you and me sold shares, and we had the absolute last 100k shares? We set the price. It goes for the larger scale. We. Set. The. Price. They need those 100k shares. They will do anything for these shares. They want to pay us 1000 dollars. We say no. They must buy them still. They say 10k, we say no. 50k? No. 100k? No. We said 500k, we will get 500k. They need our shares to cover. Rinse and repeat until we reach a number so high that it doesn't hurt our brains, but it hurts the hedgefunds brains. Again, their risks are infinite. They agreed to the loss equal to infinity if the stock were to rise.

So, the hedgefunds have assets. When they get margin called, they will have ALL OF THEIR ASSETS LIQUIDATED TO COVER their short positions. There are multiple hedgefunds that are shorting AMC, so we can take their money from liquidation too. I don't know the number but obviously billions and billions. After the hedgefunds money runs out, there's a 70 TRILLION dollar insurance policy that pays out to us. I didn't want to say this but I feel like leaving it out is kind of shilly and manipulative, I have no idea where the money comes from if it reaches that point. Maybe the government steps in and prints money? You have to remember it's not just AMC that's gonna squeeze. The GME/AMC squeezes will be the absolute largest transfer of wealth in the history of the world. And probably the largest transfer of wealth in the future of the world. That's a big if, but I believe it.
Never forget Jackie, these are the people you are trading against every day. We want them to be as dump as stumps.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I guess they've never heard of companies issuing more shares? lmao

• 1Solidarity

Moglyzoke Moogleman

Stock Pals VP of Shit Stocks
<Gold Donor>
My trades with DD and thoughtful research are in the shitter (and playing in their own shit.) My 10k gamble is on a (possible) run. Just 2021 trader things. Hope for the best for you all and enjoy wherever your portfolio takes you.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My trades with DD and thoughtful research are in the shitter (and playing in their own shit.) My 10k gamble is on a (possible) run. Just 2021 trader things. Hope for the best for you all and enjoy wherever your portfolio takes you.
If you dont mind my asking what are the trades with the DD and research?

Moglyzoke Moogleman

Stock Pals VP of Shit Stocks
<Gold Donor>
If you dont mind my asking what are the trades with the DD and research?
FSLY was one I posted it awhile back, could track down the dossier with the DD for evidence that I'm not just talking out my ass. JMIA, ROKU, ONDS, CURI, PINS as well. Yes, it's all tech. Yes I notice a pattern. It isn't lost on me if I'd taken a lot of your calls / plays over the past few months I'd actually be in the green (or, not nearly as red.)

Basically my trading resource happened to be riding years of the bull market and is now getting to experience the bearishness of recent. I myself only began in February and "jumped in the deep end" so to speak. But this is because my tolerance for risk is pretty high.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
FSLY was one I posted it awhile back, could track down the dossier with the DD for evidence that I'm not just talking out my ass. JMIA, ROKU, ONDS, CURI, PINS as well. Yes, it's all tech. Yes I notice a pattern. It isn't lost on me if I'd taken a lot of your calls / plays over the past few months I'd actually be in the green (or, not nearly as red.)

Basically my trading resource happened to be riding years of the bull market and is now getting to experience the bearishness of recent. I myself only began in February and "jumped in the deep end" so to speak. But this is because my tolerance for risk is pretty high.
The first thing that stands out to me is that at least 2 or 3 of those stocks are big players in Cathy's ARKK fund. So as ARKK has been ass-ravaged the last few weeks she has been selling some of those names in decent sized chunks. That is something that is outside the realm of the DD you performed.

Please dont think I am asking to "told you so" or anything like that. Sometimes another set of eyes can be beneficial to seeing things. If you don't currently, you might want to follow
https://twitter.com/ArkkDaily as they track all of Cathy's trades daily and since your positions make up chunks of her funds, it might be good to see how she is trading them.

• 1Like