Investing General Discussion

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Okay so now chop 3 quartiles off those charts off and they look a lot like a normal pareto distribution.
Kind of iffy when 10% alone is 73%.

And thats just who made money, theres obviously going to be a lot of women who made nothing.

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Kind of iffy when 10% alone is 73%.

And thats just who made money, theres obviously going to be a lot of women who made nothing.
You're missing the point, still. Is that 10% of 450k creators or 10% of 2mil creators? There's a big fucking difference.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Are we really arguing about the socio-economic merit of OnlyFans.... in the investing forum?

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So where are the safe havens for inflation? Buy new cars for the family on credit, stock up on TP, rice, jewelry, beans and everything else with a long shelf life?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So where are the safe havens for inflation? Buy new cars for the family on credit, stock up on TP, rice, jewelry, beans and everything else with a long shelf life?

You forgot ammo.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Are we really arguing about the socio-economic merit of OnlyFans.... in the investing forum?
tenor.gif

You forgot ammo.
Problem with guns/ammo is all it takes is one piece of legislation to make those very hard to sell legally.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The real question is, if OF goes public will you be buying in. I was surprised they make that much profit just scalping a percentage off the top. Their only real moat is first to market, but its kind of an iffy market so they may not see a massive influx of competitors.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
CPI report came in with 3% yoy inflation. Markets spooked and dumped. Will be an interesting day.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
CPI report came in with 3% yoy inflation. Markets spooked and dumped. Will be an interesting day.
But the Fed and the gubmint told us there was no inflation. Printing money doesnt make inflation, amirite?

• 1Worf

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
But the Fed and the gubmint told us there was no inflation. Printing money doesnt make inflation, amirite?
Forget YoY, with all the covid stuff skewing things.

I think the more telling picture is month on month. Expected 0.2%, actual 0.8%. 4x expectations is pretty bad.

• 1Solidarity

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
What's the expectation?

Raise interest rates since they can't say they're isn't inflation?

Or that's not real inflation?

Or healthy inflation?

Lol

Might need to go count my silver I bought at 16/oz

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Now might be a good time to take a look at your portfolio and evaluate your positions. The landscape is definitely shifting. My opinion is to focus on quality.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What's the expectation?

Raise interest rates since they can't say they're isn't inflation?

Or that's not real inflation?

Or healthy inflation?

Lol

Might need to go count my silver I bought at 16/oz
They are now pricing in a 100% chance of a 25 basis pt rate hike in Dec.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
FTEC - 2.65% drop will bring it down to the intermediate line of support at $104.27. If that cracks, then the last line of support is at the 200-DMA at $100.45 ( a 6.2% drop).

If you are a long term investor in Tech, I would set a buy order around the $104 price with the expectation that by Friday we could see a test of the 200-DMA where I would plan on making my second entry.
Full disclosure: I am following this plan to add to my FTEC core position.

QQQ - Intermediate support at $312.04 (4.1% drop) and the 200-DMA at $303.14 (6.8% drop).

SPY - Still above the 100-DMA at $403.62 (2.55% drop) This ties in with the 2.65% drop to support for FTEC so I expect this level to put up a fight since AAPL and MSFT are the big two in each index. The 100-DMA and intermediate support are right with each other around $391 (5.6% drop).

Two battle lines set up for all three of the indexes. The first roughly 2.5 - 3% down from yesterday's close and then around 6 - 6.5% down from yesterday's close. This is what I would be watching this week.

• 1Like