Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
yes and no. I get that people would be buying a stock over a very short-term economic shock, I am just boggled that people would do it.

We are now down 2 pipe lines. And they are trying to kill a 3rd.

Money rotation has to go somewhere...

Green new deal

Tesla hasn't really moved in a while (I could be wrong)

Musk in the news a lot

He has vertically integrated his electronics manufacturing, so not fucked by GPU madness

I'm sure there is more

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Bargain hunting and thought about ABNB. Then I saw their EPS. This shit is UBER-esque

1620833390960.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Bargain hunting and thought about ABNB. Then I saw their EPS. This shit is UBER-esque

View attachment 353676

I used to use ABNB for all of my travels bc of the fun factor of finding cool places.

Then during the mostly peaceful bonfires they sent out mass emails talking about all the lengths they were going to in an effort to cleanse racism from their platform.

They sent out a survey shortly after and I responded, "ABNB must be a safe haven for racists since you guys have to go through all these lengths to get rid of racism on your platform. I don't want to be associated with this kind of company and will no longer be using the platform." I haven't touched that piece of shit company since. And I hope they die a thousand deaths.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Inflation is here, dump and get cash? Y??????

I'm sticking my dick deep in stonks and holding on for this ride. See you at the bread lines in 5 years.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
We are now down 2 pipe lines. And they are trying to kill a 3rd.

Money rotation has to go somewhere...

Green new deal

Tesla hasn't really moved in a while (I could be wrong)

Musk in the news a lot

He has vertically integrated his electronics manufacturing, so not fucked by GPU madness

I'm sure there is more

Didn't read the story but the headline was (possibly click baity) that the governor would seize the profits if pipeline stayed open after being ordered to close.

Colonial has shit at every refinery (them and enterprise) where they entire their network of pipelines. They had one across the road when I worked across the river from Baton Rouge. Refinery there and to pick up the stuff coming from the west out of TX. A lot of it obviously from TX flows through LA, but the governor of LA is helping. He's in Washington to see about climate change.

Some of the larger refineries on the gulf are scaling back production.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Dow under 30k before the end of the month? Pre-election territory?

You get what you deserve.

• 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don’t understand how this inflation data is any surprise whatsoever to anyone smart enough to deal in stocks. Gas prices have doubled over a three month period. Food prices have gone up 15-20% in the past six months. Lumber prices are going up 5% per WEEK. Shortages on metals has quotes on anything involving them to climb 1-2% per WEEK. Houses are going up thousands of dollars per WEEK. Do people in stocks not buy anything outside of stocks? They live in a bubble outside reality?

Im frankly shocked at how LOW the inflation data is. It feels like it should be more like a 10% YOY to me with how much everything has gone nuts the past 3-4 months.

• 2Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Wall Street investors don't drive, don't buy gas, don't buy their own groceries, don't build, and live in a bubble outside reality. Apparently the price of cocaine hasn't gone up, so they're shocked by the inflation numbers.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user