Investing General Discussion

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Boomer search engine 🔥
I bet one of their highest search words is Google. All old people I know type google into their browser whenever they want to search anything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Apparently TSLA being forced to recall every single car they sold in China is... bullish? Stock is green this morning. Clown World.

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Apparently TSLA being forced to recall every single car they sold in China is... bullish? Stock is green this morning. Clown World.
It’s just a normal kind of recall, not really a recall and cancel all sales in China kind of recall. I don’t think general recalls really have much effect on stock prices. I don’t even think mother of all recalls like Volkswagen or takata did much to stock prices.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Okay which of you did this?

So, the main criticism of this kid was that his economic health metrics were wonky? Where can I get me some pet adoption rate metrics?

I mean, have they heard of ARKK?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jokes on you, my average cost for PLTR is $27.59.
So we're almost there. Smart people, what's going to happen from here on out? Is there resistance for this going above $30 again? Should I sell when I break even and rebuy when this inevitably drops back to $20?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Travel industry pretty beat up today. Bought some DAL and CCL in the long term acct. (CCL share offering dipped it 7% today). Seems a value buy for long term. Small positions with plenty of firepower to add if we have a market washout in the coming week(s).

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Feeling good right now. Made it half way in the year, and haven't once reduced my 750/paycheck to 5% to cover something I need to for a paycheck or two. On top of that, I'm ahead of my goal to have 6k to bomb into my roth on jan 1st. Last year was a kinda a mess with me pulling money aside for covid prep (Still passed my goal), so it's nice to have a year where I'm crushing my saving goal of 20k of personal money in.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FB hit $1T market cap.

Still remember this one... I bought it around $39 on the way back up.

1624908193370.png

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
FB hit $1T market cap.

Still remember this one... I bought it around $39 on the way back up.
I still remember the disastrous IPO. The stock dropped 50%. It seemed like the only thing they had going for them was Farmville. Simpler times.

You have to hand it to the Zuck. He's not a quitter.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
A one trillion dollar company and it doesnt sell physical products and only runs a few websites.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So we're almost there. Smart people, what's going to happen from here on out? Is there resistance for this going above $30 again? Should I sell when I break even and rebuy when this inevitably drops back to $20?
From a technical perspective it has no overhead resistance at this point. It "should" run higher barring a big short seller or some bad news until earnings.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Recall us discussing ETFs as long term purchases a few pages ago. The core holding in my brokerage account is SPYG. I started buying it in early March last year as I was all cash in the brokerage. After today its up 80% after dividend reinvestments and thats with me adding to it on a couple of dips. 80% in 15 months with an ETF. I nearly sold it because it has companies I dont want to own but i was lazy and grandfathered it in. Diamond hands and ETFs go together like peanut butter and jelly.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I hit a milestone today. My IRA has now exceeded the amount it was at the day before I got divorced.

Angry Mug GIF by OSH

• 7Like
  • 6Tendies
  • 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 15 users