Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Especially relevant consider the recent discussions of various market index ETFs. We use the term "Big Tech" alot like a blanket but it really isn't when it comes to investing. All of "Big Tech" isn't in the same sector of the Market. The Comm Sector has FB, GOOG, TWTR etc, Tech sector has AAPL MSFT and the chip companies and AMZN is Consumer Discretionary. This matters because you should really examine the basket of holdings when choosing an ETF. One reason I choose to use FTEC is that it is only the Tech sector (not Comms) so it avoids the FB/GOOG/TWTR companies. The exposure to these bills depends on the companies. AAPL not withstanding, I see FTEC having less overall exposure than SPY or QQQ.
ps.. The headline is misleading. Read the bills.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
THanks been a nice one, still not sure if we bounce of channel resistance again or finally break out.
Looks like it tested the high and was found wanting. New House bills certainly arent going to help it if they can make it out of Congress.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I agree with the potential upside, it’s why I was looking at it back then. I just don’t trust China not to fuck with it. Yeah it’s their crown jewel today but I don’t trust communists to care about a crown jewel when some evil insane dictator decides to tear it down out of communist jealousy or whatever it is called that made them destroy their own businesses, society, people in the past. Good luck with it though, feel free to quote my post when it’s $2,000 a share in a few years and call me an idiot too, I won’t mind.
5-day chart

1624639760669.png

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
5-day chart
I don't like to chase, but bought a few longer dated calls. BIDU chart looks good too.

This is NOT because I believe in these companies. I fully expect their offices to be filled with mannequins and phony invoices. Purely technical.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
T
Dividend safe for another quarter.

AT&T Declares Dividends on Common and Preferred Shares
DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The board of directors of AT&T Inc.(T)* today declared a quarterly dividend of $0.52 a share on the company’s common shares.

The board of directors also declared quarterly dividends on the company’s 5.000% Perpetual Preferred Stock, Series A and the company’s 4.750% Perpetual Preferred Stock, Series C. The Series A dividend is $312.50 per preferred share, or $0.3125 per depositary share. The Series C dividend is $296.875 per preferred share, or $0.296875 per depositary share.

All dividends are payable on August 2, 2021, to stockholders of record of the respective shares at the close of business on July 9, 2021.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hmmm, my CC for 28$ expiring next week starting to look a bit tight. No biggie, I've been riding CC's on PLTR for weeks now

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I talk a bit about certain companies I refuse to own even though I know it cost me returns. GOOG, FB, TWTR and tobacco companies come to mind. For the first three it is more than just ideology though. I have seen a systemic risk with social media companies and the only thing currently protecting them is a single line in Section 230 of the United States Communications Decency Act. Since the left think they dont go far enough to police speech and the right feel they go too far, the idea of getting 60 Senators to agree Section 230 needs repealed isn't an impossibility. SPY and QQQ have a not insignificant exposure to FB, GOOG, GOOGL and TWTR. Its ultimately why I chose FTEC over QQQ.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users