Investing General Discussion

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
You chart is missing the last three days, 170, 70 and 30k.
Yeah the CDC doesn't update on the weekends seemingly since most states don't "work" on weekends.

In general we can have issues with all data but at the end of the day we have to assume it's reported in good faith - don't want to get into the politics/tinfoil. Atleast from certain sources. (this was the CDC website info)

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah the CDC doesn't update on the weekends seemingly since most states don't "work" on weekends.

In general we can have issues with all data but at the end of the day we have to assume it's reported in good faith - don't want to get into the politics/tinfoil. Atleast from certain sources. (this was the CDC website info)
Am I missing something, because its much lower than the last three weekends. Are you saying they go back and update the numbers later?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I use a 5% cap personally.
1629121385413.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Am I missing something, because its much lower than the last three weekends. Are you saying they go back and update the numbers later?
There is no data for Saturday or Sunday from the source I linked (CDC), which aggregates the data from the states. The last data point/day from what I shared is Friday the 13th with 140,144 new cases. They update the weekend data during the week once they are "back in the office". Last weekend the cases were 119k and 93k cases. I don't know what they were for the past two days as it's not updated on CDC and I like to compare apples to apples for data sources.

Usually the cases are down on the weekend compared to the week due to people not going to doctor on saturday/sunday and that type of deal. Don't want to covid derail too much.

Last edited:

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
There is no data for Saturday or Sunday from the source I linked (CDC), which aggregates the data from the states. The last data point/day from what I shared is Friday the 13th with 140,144 new cases. They update the weekend data during the week once they are "back in the office". Last weekend the cases were 119k and 93k cases. I don't know what they were for the past two days as it's not updated on CDC and I like to compare apples to apples for data sources.

Usually the cases are down on the weekend compared to the week due to people not going to doctor on saturday/sunday and that type of deal. Don't want to covid derail too much.
Got it. I forgot they made that change.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Steve Weiss on Halftime Report just said he's shorting BABA. Chinese government really screwed the pooch, I think on purpose.

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Steve Weiss on Halftime Report just said he's shorting BABA. Chinese government really screwed the pooch, I think on purpose.
I expect some chop for the next month or so. I'm riding it out for near term unless I see something fundamental change.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Do we know if the fed is coming up with a plan to deal with the sea of red that is the economic downturn of the past 1 day?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Do we know if the fed is coming up with a plan to deal with the sea of red that is the economic downturn of the past 1 day?
Don't hold your breath.

Fed is talking about tapering earlier, due to inflation. And the Fed isn't going to respond to one bad day.

Last edited:

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user