Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
All spacs are and have been worthlesss for awhile. Until sentiment changes avoid them like the plague
NSH/SPIR gapped up on the open and I couldnhave sold with about a 10% profit but the name change wasn't in my account yet. Reversed back down since.

sad panda GIF

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Had an order to buy back in to PSTH at NAV of $20. Canceled it and will see what this shakes out.
Funny enough. I had my trade station up premarket today when the news broke. Had the same $20 order sitting out there for a while. When the news broke premarket, it hit 20.01. Another penny fill miss.

Irony of this lawsuit is, most spacs are guilty of the practice accused in the suit. PSTH, however, is the one that is "investor friendly" and per Bill Ackman's response, hasn't held any securities / treasuries with the PSTH fund pool. Maybe the suit picked the wrong target to set a spac precedence?

Should be interesting to see how things transpire.

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I got out of BTNB, CCV, and SVFA this morning. Only lost $150 thankfully, but ate up all my NOK profits.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My small oil company service ETF for pipelines and drilling is gree today, that's it.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cramer just said on actionalerts that IF this passes in China, stock should pop 50. I own it long term, but might be a trade.

• 1Mother of God

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Taking a swing here on DIS with it at 200 day support (plus oversold travel names). SPY also near 20 day support here.

As always, leaving plenty of room to add lower in quality names.

Already have a healthy profit margin on this from 7/19 sell-off and sold on the earnings high of day.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Taking a swing here on DIS with it at 200 day support (plus oversold travel names). SPY also near 20 day support here.

As always, leaving plenty of room to add lower in quality names.

Already have a healthy profit margin on this from 7/19 sell-off and sold on the earnings high of day.
I wished waited a few more days to pull the trigger on the travel names. I didn't leg my way in, I went in balls deep.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cramer just said on actionalerts that IF this passes in China, stock should pop 50. I own it long term, but might be a trade.

I am on my phone. What are the DMA's for BA at right now? 100, 200?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wished waited a few more days to pull the trigger on the travel names. I didn't leg my way in, I went in balls deep.
I am in DAL, NCLH, TRVG, and DIS for travel bump when delta variant fears subside. Tracking cases daily now and it looks like it has plateau'd for now.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
More on the covid decline not being reported on by the media. Since it gets more ratings, they focus on hospitalizations (which are a lagging indicator of covid). Gottlieb is the ex head of the FDA.

Attachments

• Gottlieb 8-17.JPG
    Gottlieb 8-17.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I am in DAL, NCLH, TRVG, and DIS for travel bump when delta variant fears subside. Tracking cases daily now and it looks like it has plateau'd for now.
BA, DAL, ABNB, EXPE, MSGE, NCLH, DIS, RCL, TRIP, LYV and WYNN.

Like I said, balls deep. Some of those are trades, but DIS, BA and WYNN are long term.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Minor 'correction' today, I wonder if this is the start of Gravel Gravel 's prediction of up to a ~10% downturn?

My own read is that the 'covid' stocks (airlines, WYNN, etc) still have a bit farther to fall, but I have nothing to base that on other than sentiment and (poor) instinct. I'm debating whether to put some $ into them and mirror Shonuff Shonuff 's strategy, or whether to sit back and watch. Overall, I'm keeping some cash in reserve to put into the market in the expectation of a multi% correction in the next 6-8 weeks.

I'm curious what Blazin Blazin sees in his tea leaves. Still have a lot of sideways action in store (more of the same) or do you see something else on the horizon?

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm thinking about investing in an Afghani hijab start-up. I hear business is about to start booming.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1To the Moon!
Reactions: 3 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Minor 'correction' today, I wonder if this is the start of Gravel Gravel 's prediction of up to a ~10% downturn?

My own read is that the 'covid' stocks (airlines, WYNN, etc) still have a bit farther to fall, but I have nothing to base that on other than sentiment and (poor) instinct. I'm debating whether to put some $ into them and mirror Shonuff Shonuff 's strategy, or whether to sit back and watch. Overall, I'm keeping some cash in reserve to put into the market in the expectation of a multi% correction in the next 6-8 weeks.

I'm curious what Blazin Blazin sees in his tea leaves. Still have a lot of sideways action in store (more of the same) or do you see something else on the horizon?

I just saw Cramer added to Boeing and Wynn today to his action alerts portfolio. He said both of those stocks are ignoring the fundamentals and we are getting the quarter for "free". And also, he said that if BA passes in China, its gonna pop 50. I'm just gonna sit tight in my travel positions and wait for the market to figure out covid is declining.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I just saw Cramer added to Boeing and Wynn today to his action alerts portfolio. He said both of those stocks are ignoring the fundamentals and we are getting the quarter for "free". And also, he said that if BA passes in China, its gonna pop 50. I'm just gonna sit tight in my travel positions and wait for the market to figure out covid is declining.
Hey, you might end up being wrong, but I think your process is sound. Time will tell.

As for me, I don't mind holding some cash back for the time being since most things I've been looking at have been flat or down for the last 2.5 months.