Investing General Discussion

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Anecdotal evidence. I am in the Orlando Magic Kingdom right now. Even though half the country is back to school, it is still way deader than it should be. 10-20 minute waits on e-ticket rides and walk on for everything else.

It's not "dead". It's just dead for Magic Kingdom in the summer if that makes sense.
As a local Disney fiend. I love the covid panic. Lot more dining open. Try citricos If you can. It's the staff from Victoria and Alberts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
IWM getting completely slaughtered and under the 200 DMA. Not sure if it is ready for a rotation back in for a bounce, or the wheels fall off and we have a big move lower. Trimmed some small cap names for a loss as the market feels really broken here.

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So just got back to the hotel and checked my action. Added to WYNN, XBI and MA. Missed adding to AMZN by about 7$, missed BA (but I had that way out of the money in case it gapped down to $210), missed NVDA as I didn't see that reversal coming, missed CVX by about 30 cents, closed out my DNUT puts for about a 10 cent loss and wrote some way out of the money puts on DAL (30 strike).

Mea culpa: I totally missplayed BABA and props to everyone here telling my to not go to that well a second time. It's a full-size position so I am sitting on it for the time being. It isnt going to zero, so it's a matter of waiting our China.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anecdotal evidence. I am in the Orlando Magic Kingdom right now. Even though half the country is back to school, it is still way deader than it should be. 10-20 minute waits on e-ticket rides and walk on for everything else.

It's not "dead". It's just dead for Magic Kingdom in the summer if that makes sense.
Nice, maybe we'll go soon.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nice, maybe we'll go soon.
Being from FL, we have been a gazillion times. I usually wouldn't go in Aug but it's when we had free time. Lots of Construction going on (not just parks but infrastructure like parking lots and roadway expansions).

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Mea culpa: I totally missplayed BABA and props to everyone here telling my to not go to that well a second time. It's a full-size position so I am sitting on it for the time being. It isnt going to zero, so it's a matter of waiting our China.
I bought BABA from 275 to 319 to 220. Fundamentally, its outstanding. But no one cares about fundamentals when the PRC is assraping these companies.

• 1Solidarity

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Simulated trades on Tesla today, shorting it. $5,300ish fake profit. Very easy to do on a red day. Eat my dick, Rangoth. Half a percent is the goal every day. Still long term in my swing trades, so practicing on the simulator.

Tesla 8-19.JPG

• 1Worf

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Simulated trades on Tesla today, shorting it. $5,300ish fake profit. Very easy to do on a red day. Eat my dick, Rangoth. Half a percent is the goal every day. Still long term in my swing trades, so practicing on the simulator.

View attachment 368081

Lol. Dick eaten i suppose. I have no issues with others making more than me. I watch balzin posts and get mad jelly, but i still gotta do me.

Ive said it before, im insanely conservative when it comes to my money. I miss on out profits all the time and sit here and watch the GME retards become millionaires(or broke) and again i get jelly…

But i dont lose, i just dont win as much. So im trying figure out how i can win just a bit more without taking on much more risk, thats my happy spot.

But i do read and appreciate everything you post and would even claim ive learned from you, but def. not my style.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm thinking with 2020 in the rear view that 1-year charts right now are near worthless. It was such a black swan that it really skewed historical data. Example, I was looking at DE this morning thinking its down 10%, might be worth some research. Then I rolled out the longer dated charts. This is the 5-yr chart on DE. I look at this and think maybe we are a little over-valued right now.

Screenshot_20210820-072651_Merrill Edge.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yet, Deere, like many companies, made improvements to operations and refinanced their debt at a lower rate. Analysts say it will go up another 18% in the next 12 months.

But I look at that 5-yr chart and see a $225 - $250 price. It didn't invent autonomous driving tractors or anything. Refinancing debt doesn't get you a parabolic price action. At least not before 2020.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
But I look at that 5-yr chart and see a $225 - $250 price. It didn't invent autonomous driving tractors or anything. Refinancing debt doesn't get you a parabolic price action. At least not before 2020.
Not saying I'm a buyer at these levels, but the Analysts that cover it full time disagree.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
"Analysts" .. *snicker*
I like tipranks because I read the Analyst's track record. If a guy is top ranked, I listen. If he's just there to move the stock price temporarily, it will show also. Some of them, you'd do better to do the opposite.

Snicker all you want, but tipranks has made me 120% on some stocks in the last year, like Freeport McMoran.

Last edited:

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I am absolutely pissed for not trying a new trading strategy in the simulator first. I always lose trying something new in real time.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lol. Dick eaten i suppose. I have no issues with others making more than me. I watch balzin posts and get mad jelly, but i still gotta do me.

Ive said it before, im insanely conservative when it comes to my money. I miss on out profits all the time and sit here and watch the GME retards become millionaires(or broke) and again i get jelly…

But i dont lose, i just dont win as much. So im trying figure out how i can win just a bit more without taking on much more risk, thats my happy spot.

But i do read and appreciate everything you post and would even claim ive learned from you, but def. not my style.
Thanks. We are all learning from each other.

There's nothing wrong with shorting, I don't do it like the hedge funds do. I short for like 10 minutes at a time. It really has no long term impact on the stock price. Long term, fundamentals>technicals. Best way to not have the stock price manipulated is to be long term.