Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>
My brother manages a very large apartment complex ( a few thousand tenants) for April 59% of tenants paid their rent. They are expecting May to be worse. It's kind of hard to square with many of their tenants of the income range that should be receiving more income than before they lost their jobs. It might be that May and June won't be as bad as they are expecting. But with societal and political acceptance so high right now for people to not pay their rent or mortgage I'm eager to see how this plays over the next few months.
Its the number one reason I am bearish on RE

Last edited:

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I don't think it's crazy to say the markets feel divorced from reality atm.

I mean we're up 10% this week on news that there's been only at least 12 million new unemployment claims in the past two weeks. No biggy.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I don't think it's crazy to say the markets feel divorced from reality atm.

I mean we're up 10% this week on news that there's been only at least 12 million new unemployment claims in the past two weeks. No biggy.

Blazin Blazin has told you about 10 times that the predictions baked into the downturns were worse than what we are seeing, hence the gains. You have been shitting up 3 threads for a month now and it might be time for you to take a few days of vacation. Shit.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Blazin Blazin has told you about 10 times that the predictions baked into the downturns were worse than what we are seeing, hence the gains. You have been shitting up 3 threads for a month now and it might be time for you to take a few days of vacation. Shit.

Total fabrication of history. I said the downturns were worse than expected myself. If blazin said that to me, I would have agreed.

There's no doubt plenty of bad has been priced in already, but the way the markets seem to be flinching a lot less at bad news is certainly a change from how they were and typically are.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Its tempting but I can't bring myself to sell off anything and take some profits. If you are bought in near the 52 week lows, why sell until at least you get to the half way point?

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
Its tempting but I can't bring myself to sell off anything and take some profits. If you are bought in near the 52 week lows, why sell until at least you get to the half way point?
Pigs get fat. Hogs get slaughtered.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Russia is. Iran, Venezuela and someone else minor are excluded. US not a member of OPEC.

Russia isn't really in OPEC, though they are involved with them. Looks like most people have agree to ~20% cuts, even US. Big problem here is most companies are on board, but a couple are resisting.

It'll probably not be enough to substantially raise crude prices in the short term. There's still a massive glut, and a 20% drop still means there's an oversupply with current demands.

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Spy put for 279 expiring today, let's see those job numbers, who wants to hold over a holiday weekend right?

update sold 1 contract at a profit and bought 5 more when it went back above 279 working from home is the best

Well, sold at a minor gain when it dipped, this felt awful no more competing with the algorithms for me lol

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
Russia isn't really in OPEC, though they are involved with them. Looks like most people have agree to ~20% cuts, even US. Big problem here is most companies are on board, but a couple are resisting.

It'll probably not be enough to substantially raise crude prices in the short term. There's still a massive glut, and a 20% drop still means there's an oversupply with current demands.
They call it OPEC plus or some shit.

Pops

Total fabrication of history. I said the downturns were worse than expected myself. If blazin said that to me, I would have agreed.

There's no doubt plenty of bad has been priced in already, but the way the markets seem to be flinching a lot less at bad news is certainly a change from how they were and typically are.
Go check your early post about the millions of deaths. I replied to you "millions of Americans aren't going to die."

Pops

The two happiest days of an investor's life are the day he buys a stock, and the day he sells it.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My brother manages a very large apartment complex ( a few thousand tenants) for April 59% of tenants paid their rent. They are expecting May to be worse. It's kind of hard to square with many of their tenants of the income range that should be receiving more income than before they lost their jobs. It might be that May and June won't be as bad as they are expecting. But with societal and political acceptance so high right now for people to not pay their rent or mortgage I'm eager to see how this plays over the next few months.
So my question is, are they just going to eat that? Or are they expecting these people to pay several missed months? Because that seems unlikely.