Investing General Discussion

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Nikola looks set to go nuts this week on the badger orders opening up. Call me a cynic but I find the hype hilarious since, as far as I know, there isn't even a working prototype for it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Did you buy any?

Nah. I'm not a trader, I don't buy individual companies. I'm an ETF/Index Fund guy. I just like to watch from the sidelines and converse about it. What is happening with that stock right now seems like pure madness to me.

It was up to $61 at one point. $61 for a company that hasn't delivered even one vehicle yet.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nah. I'm not a trader, I don't buy individual companies. I'm an ETF/Index Fund guy. I just like to watch from the sidelines and converse about it. What is happening with that stock right now seems like pure madness to me.

It was up to $61 at one point. $61 for a company that hasn't delivered even one vehicle yet.
Its trading very odd this morning on the options side. I saw it spike pre-market and planned to buy some Puts. At the open I bought 25 strike puts Jun 19 expiry for 40 cents. A couple hours later the stock spiked again and I was thinking well, maybe I'll add some and dollar cost average down. I look at the screen and I am up like 30%. This is backwards. I should have been down 50% with the stock price going up. I stopped scratching my head and sold for the quick 30% profit.

Only thing I can figure is options pricing got caught underestimating the movement at the open and the pricing adjusted after I bought. Super high volatility stocks get very squirelly.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Also on NKLA, its become one of the Robinhood favs to trade. I see the volume swings when the FOMO jump on it. 22m shares trades so far this morning. For reference QQQ has only traded 15m.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What CHK this morning (Chespeake Energy). We are to be witness to a vicious short squeeze today. 39% of the float was shorted and the stock is up 75% in the premarket. The people shorting those 3.5m shares are about to experience some God awful anal raping. Based on the premarket price those shorts are losing about 65m so far.
CHK spiked up at 219%. Currently halted for trading volatility. The shorts are getting annihilated. Looks like loss for the shorts of 185m based on the 3.5m shares sold short.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NKLA up 91% today. Up 33$ a share. Gives them a market cap around 30 billion with no sales. I'd love to explain this one but it is beyond my comprehension. SMH.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Isn't Hertz bankrupt? What's going on there?

tenor-2.gif

• 1Worf

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
NKLA up 91% today. Up 33$ a share. Gives them a market cap around 30 billion with no sales. I'd love to explain this one but it is beyond my comprehension. SMH.
I had taken your advice but sold out around $33 for like a 30ish% profit the regrets lol

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
STONKS keep going up after hours. Love it. Kicking myself i didn't dump my life savings in :D

Up 120% with CCL and 100% with RCL

antha124

Lord Nagafen Raider
STONKS keep going up after hours. Love it. Kicking myself i didn't dump my life savings in :D

Up 120% with CCL and 100% with RCL

Yep. Holding 200 CCL at $10.50 and 300 NCLH at $10.00 avg costs. I invested prob 15k worth of stonks in various companies 4-6 weeks ago. Really paying off now.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
See NASDAQ set all time high...

AMD down for the day and also down 11% from its ath...

538.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users