Investing General Discussion

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Wonder how many suicides that stock will cause.

Those italian guys who invented the hydrogen cell a decade ago and then asked for investors are probably super jealous at the show this guys pulling off. This is probably the most successful patent troll in history.

Hydrogen cells don't exist as a technology yet, but they're selling them like they do. They are also claiming that they'll unveil 500wh/kg batteries soon (About 3x as good as what tesla has as reference). There's a lot of research into batteries and at least a few candidates for batteries that good that may work out in the next decade, and even a battery or two that already is that good with astronomically infeasible costs to production. Needless to say, if they walk out and unveil that they've solved both problems in secret, I'd be quite surprised.

Not what I'd consider a long term investment vehicle, but I won't begin to predict on the trajectory of this stock. People have proven themselves to be quite retarded lately on eco-vision stocks, so no amount of reality will bound in the path of that stock's price. Purely a vehicle for gambling.

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
everything is so backwards right now - just look at hertz. it's crazy, everyone says so. anyway, yes, all my ira is in top stocks and most of the major gaps have been filled. but there's this new robinhood/reddit crowd sort of crowdfunding/bandwagoning small cap shit and the crazy thing is that it works if you get in and out.

step one: get invited to a quality discord
step two: put in for their "overnight" at 3:30 pm
step three: wake up and sell
rinse/repeat
there are more +200/300% days than -50/60% days...

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
everything is so backwards right now - just look at hertz. it's crazy, everyone says so. anyway, yes, all my ira is in top stocks and most of the major gaps have been filled. but there's this new robinhood/reddit crowd sort of crowdfunding/bandwagoning small cap shit and the crazy thing is that it works if you get in and out.

rinse/repeat

Tell me more.

I think I'll dump HTZ today.

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

rinse/repeat
The Robinhood day trader crowd is this generations penny stock crowd from my younger days. Only now they have tech and social media as tools. Yes there is money to be made. I make money on NKLA puts almost every day. Just be VERY aware that the risk level is through the roof. Its ok to be a pig, just don't be a hog. Go back and educate yourself (if you are unaware) of the "short the VIX" movement back in 2018. February I believe it was. It was the "I cant lose, easy money play" for like 6 straight months. And then in a nanosecond, it wasn't. Houses were lost when the margin calls hit on people who took out HELOCs and 2nd mortgages to short the VIX.

Greed is good. Until it isnt.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
An update on BIIB...

There is an IP challenge to one of their top drugs. I don't think anything will come of it, but since I recommended it previously I wanted to mention this risk factor does exist. It isn't brand new (the challenge) and has probably been factored in to the current price but just wanted to make anyone aware of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I sold some stuff yesterday that I had been holding onto for years... some winners, some losers. Basically just sitting in my wife's IRA for a long time. My only two "winners" are FB and SIRI. Completely sold out of SIRI and held onto half of my FB (bought in at $30 after the IPO debacle, so I am up huge). I honestly think I am going to sit on this cash for a bit. Not necessarily to wait for the next March 2020 or 2008/09 crash, but just because things seem almost too euphoric. Plus all the things we've been talking about with people just buying shit for funsies, I'll wait for a bit of a drop before I get back into it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I sold some stuff yesterday that I had been holding onto for years... some winners, some losers. Basically just sitting in my wife's IRA for a long time. My only two "winners" are FB and SIRI. Completely sold out of SIRI and held onto half of my FB (bought in at $30 after the IPO debacle, so I am up huge). I honestly think I am going to sit on this cash for a bit. Not necessarily to wait for the next March 2020 or 2008/09 crash, but just because things seem almost too euphoric. Plus all the things we've been talking about with people just buying shit for funsies, I'll wait for a bit of a drop before I get back into it.
There will still be tons of volatility until we get a Coronachan vaccine and the economy fully opened so we can assess the true damage. Avoid the FOMO and just invest in solid balance sheets and good business models for the long term.

• 1Like

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
The Robinhood day trader crowd is this generations penny stock crowd from my younger days. Only now they have tech and social media as tools. Yes there is money to be made. I make money on NKLA puts almost every day. Just be VERY aware that the risk level is through the roof. Its ok to be a pig, just don't be a hog. Go back and educate yourself (if you are unaware) of the "short the VIX" movement back in 2018. February I believe it was. It was the "I cant lose, easy money play" for like 6 straight months. And then in a nanosecond, it wasn't. Houses were lost when the margin calls hit on people who took out HELOCs and 2nd mortgages to short the VIX.

Greed is good. Until it isnt.

I like this. Shorting the vix was a surefire way to make money for 3 years until volatility triggered a liquidation event. Buying the dip was ingrained into investors over several years, and worked fine, until the Coronavirus crash. People get caught in patterns, and think they've found the secret to the markets, until the rug pull. The current thesis now seems to be that stonks only go up.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Seems to me that if you're not holding super long the only pattern you should recognize is to get in and get the fuck out on the regular and never risk too much of your portfolio at a time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Got out of my HTZ position at ~$3.5 or whatever it was at market open. I'll be happy with my 400% return on that investment and carry on.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So the Fed plans on us living in an interest free environment into 2022. No rate hikes planned for 2+ years. And the algos go wild...

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What did he say that not even no interest could hand wave?

Not that any of this isn't true, but we don't need the Chairman of the Fed saying it on tv.

FED'S POWELL SAYS HIS ASSUMPTION IS A \"SIGNIFICANT CHUNK\" OF PEOPLE WILL REMAIN UNEMPLOYED FOR SOME TIME

FED'S POWELL SAYS IT IS SELF EVIDENT THAT IF THERE IS A SECOND WAVE OF CORONAVIRUS, IT COULD HURT THE ECONOMIC RECOVERY

FED'S POWELL SAYS IT'S POSSIBLE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WILL NEED FURTHER ECONOMIC SUPPORT

FED'S POWELL SAYS THE RISK OVER TIME IS LASTING DAMAGE TO PRODUCTIVE CAPACITY OF U.S.

FED'S POWELL SAYS DECLINE IN GDP THIS QUARTER IS LIKELY TO BE THE MOST SEVERE ON RECORD

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TSLA breaks $1,000

Screenshot_20200610-153831_Twitter.jpg

• 1WTF

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember talking about Tesla at $50 and wondering if it was a good deal... some guy on our desk said he wanted to short it back then. I honestly don't know if he ever did.