Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So maybe not screw Coronachan just yet. I will stress a second time, watch your risk levels. Puts, stops etc are tools to help you manage risk.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Screw Coronachan. You want a black swan event that could seriously tank the market? Here it is. I would keep a sharp eye on this. I would also take a long hard look at your risk levels right now in your holdings. This is two nuclear powers having a border skirmish. Odds are nothing serious comes of it. But Mr. Market absolutely hates uncertainty. Stop loss orders are your friend.

That's one way to bring oil back.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
They may as well be on different planets with the Himalayas between them.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
meanwhile, in robinhood land...
1592369537835.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
whats the general thought on Irobot as a 3-6 month investment?

View attachment 278490
Disclaimer- I haven't dug through their financials.
When looking at companies that sell products that see a spike during one-off events you have to ask yourself will the sales spike continue after the event has gone away. In this case lots of people refuse to have a domestic come into their house and clean during Coronachan. Six months from now, will the company continue to maintain this level of sales when things are back to normal? Usually the answer is no. If the answer is no, then the stock price appreciation the company has already seen is probably already in and it should decline at least somewhat.

Assuming a percentage of these new customers decide to stick with the roomba instead of paying a cleaning lady, well they have already bought one. They might get friends to do so and the sales drop may not go back to pre-Coronachan, but either way It does tend to pull back.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
UK just approved using steroid dexamethasone for Coronachan. It costs about 6 pounds per dose. This is based on the trial results I posted yesterday. Today should be a battle of good news vs bad news in the Markets. Keep in mind the VIX is up around 33. I believe the markets can flip to a risk off posture in a nanosecond right now. Protect your gains with stops where appropriate.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I bought a couple hundred shares of Cloudflare this morning and 1 Tesla share for lulz

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I hear buying stocks at all-time highs is a sound financial strategy. You do know NET has gone up 50% in about 4 weeks and loses money right?

I'm not saying either are bad companies (ok TSLA can't make money if it tried and it has for years) but at least maybe gamble on stocks when they are near the bottom and not at the top. That 7k you spent could have bought like 5 shares of GOOG which makes like $50 a share a year in profit. Just for fun, chart your investment in NET and TSLA vs the same money in GOOG and/or AAPL. Lets see where they stand in a year.

Just saying.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I hear buying stocks at all-time highs is a sound financial strategy. You do know NET has gone up 50% in about 4 weeks and loses money right?

I'm not saying either are bad companies (ok TSLA can't make money if it tried and it has for years) but at least maybe gamble on stocks when they are near the bottom and not at the top. That 7k you spent could have bought like 5 shares of GOOG which makes like $50 a share a year in profit. Just for fun, chart your investment in NET and TSLA vs the same money in GOOG and/or AAPL. Lets see where they stand in a year.

Just saying.

"buy AAPL stock"

10 minutes earlier:

AAPL trading st a new 52 week high in the pre-market.

:emoji_thinking:

Sure, let me toss some money into a company that hasnt put out a decent product since its product innovating founder dropped dead a decade ago and is now selling $800 monitor stands, $50,000 desktop computers and repackaging and reselling the same $999 phone with less and less success while competitors are putting out better phones at a $300 price point

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
The new iPhone SE is the best value phone on the market.

Isnt the Iphone SE is a repackaged Iphone 8 which is a discontinued 3 year old phone, sold at half the price, stuck in a closed tech ecosystem that is slowly falling behind?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Isnt the Iphone SE is a repackaged Iphone 8 which is a discontinued 3 year old phone, sold at half the price, stuck in a closed tech ecosystem that is slowly falling behind?
Nah, it has the A13 chip. Best chip on the market.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
The FED needs a website that shows their real time holdings in each corporate bond for fucking transparency and it better show any employees that are even cousins to any FED employee that makes monetary decisions.
Our system would literally crash if it was transparent. I think even those that are paying attention are blissfully ignorant to how corrupt this shit is.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Nah, it has the A13 chip. Best chip on the market.

if this was a company who's main revenue source was from making chips (nvidia, amd, TSM) i would consider that point

A13 isnt a consideration for buying AAPL stock, its a consideration for buying TSM stock since TSM makes it

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
if this was a company who's main revenue source was from making chips (nvidia, amd, TSM) i would consider that point

A13 isnt a consideration for buying AAPL stock, its a consideration for buying TSM stock since TSM makes it
I agree, I'm not making a case for AAPL stock here, just pointing out that as a company they seem to be looking to compete in categories other than just the high-end, overpriced junk that you mentioned.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
"buy AAPL stock"

10 minutes earlier:

:emoji_thinking:

Sure, let me toss some money into a company that hasnt put out a decent product since its product innovating founder dropped dead a decade ago and is now selling $800 monitor stands, $50,000 desktop computers and repackaging and reselling the same $999 phone with less and less success while competitors are putting out better phones at a $300 price point
You come in here and tell us I "invested 7k+ in companies that lose money for lulz". Post screenshots of your 7k+ investment for us to see please.

I know exactly where AAPL stock is since I posted that. That was my point, which of course was lost on you. 7k on AAPL even at its 52 week high is still a better investment than your choice.

You want to just wander in this thread talking shit how you toss around 7k for laughs then post it. Otherwise GTFO and troll elsewhere.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
You come in here and tell us I "invested 7k+ in companies that lose money for lulz". Post screenshots of your 7k+ investment for us to see please.

I know exactly where AAPL stock is since I posted that. That was my point, which of course was lost on you. 7k on AAPL even at its 52 week high is still a better investment than your choice.

You want to just wander in this thread talking shit how you toss around 7k for laughs then post it. Otherwise GTFO and troll elsewhere.

You come here and try to take a shit on me for investing into 2 companies that are currently trending up with your faggy, snide, " I hear buying stocks at all-time highs is a sound financial strategy. hurr hurr hurr" right before you shoot yourself in the dick by telling me to invest into AAPL who just hit their 52 week high, which you mentioned 10 minutes prior

zero cognizance of the irony

Just keep buying and dumping that MSFT stock over and over bro