Investing General Discussion

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Happy to help. 99% of this thread goes over my head, but I live and breathe the scientific side of biotech / pharma so hopefully it adds an interesting perspective.

You all heard the man, now get out there and buy more cruise lines! My NCL about to hit 20 percent up just for today.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Reading into moderna, seems they'll begin phase 3 on the 27th and published a successful phase 1 today. We don't even have results on phase 2 or monkey challenges back yet. In the land of covid the corners are already cut. Also the reason I mention human trials is because companies (dunno if moderna is one?) have been announcing their intention/seeking volunteers for it. It makes proving that efficacy part a lot easier, since this isn't a disease like AIDS or Rabies where you really done goofed if your vaccine isn't always effective.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For everyone holding DAL you can thank me for the late pop upwards. I sold covered calls at $27.50 and of course it jumped like 30 seconds later. Calls are up 50% since I sold it. Fuckers.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Very interesting: Ayro

Looking into ayro they have products that they actually make, so at least it's not vaporware. Looks like they specialize in fairly short range/light use vehicles. And holy shit are their vehicles fucking disgusting looking.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Looking into ayro they have products that they actually make, so at least it's not vaporware. Looks like they specialize in fairly short range/light use vehicles. And holy shit are their vehicles fucking disgusting looking.
I bought a hundred shares at 4.5. Figure it may go somewhere in a few months

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Twitter admin account got hacked. Hacker used admin rights to hack high profile accounts to do a bitcoi.n scam. I posted more info in the bitcoin thread but posting this here because...

Screenshot_20200715-173812_Samsung Internet.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
P Pescador you are now on the hook. Explain this to us noobs.

ChAdOx1 is the name of the virus they are using. From a previous study it is a replicant deficient adenovirus. Seems it passed phase 1 so they're at the same step as moderna, but using a different approach. Can't find the study that was just published yet, but here's a link to a preprint of what I believe was their previous study.

• 1Like

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
P Pescador you are now on the hook. Explain this to us noobs.

Haha, well I can only assume the "double defense" refers to the hype/rumor that the Oxford + Astrazeneca vaccine is generating antibody and killer T cell responses, which would be very encouraging.

As for the decades of protection... Uhh, maybe? I guess we'll find out in a couple decades?

I don't like this tweet.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
As for the decades of protection... Uhh, maybe? I guess we'll find out in a couple decades?

You seem to know something, which is more than I do. Is there any reason to expect that vaccines would provide immunity for a longer duration than would contracting the virus in the wild? I understand that no one really knows right now and that these anecdotes don't generalize, but there are verified cases of people coming down with covid a second time only months after testing positive and then negative again. Is there any super-obnoxious world where everyone needs to get bi-annual vaccine boosters?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ChAdOx1 is the name of the virus they are using. From a previous study it is a replicant deficient adenovirus. Seems it passed phase 1 so they're at the same step as moderna, but using a different approach. Can't find the study that was just published yet, but here's a link to a preprint of what I believe was their previous study.

That certainly clears it up. 😀

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
because the tweet and news article didn't even name or link the research, i put the paper here incase pescador wished to peruse it and deliver any information. Looks like it's been moderately more successful than modernas.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Few things worse than having a stock beat earnings top and bottom on a total shit market day. The beats basically get flushed with everything else. 😡

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have covered calls expiring tomorrow for XOM with a strike price of $45. I can just feel I am going to get fucked on this. Mr. Market has that gleam in his eye.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
American Airlines announcing a code share agreement with Jetblue similar to the one they made with Alaska a few months ago. This move strengthens all three of them greatly in their war vs. Delta and United.

• 1Like