Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Just blew through new portfolio high, purchases from Friday and Monday up $14,000. Considering how little I risked to get that I'm pretty happy. Market giving very clean technical moves, the number of people who will have lightened up with no plan for being wrong will be legion.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Picking up the defense stocks when they cratered last week has made me smile today.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I would agree, but a massive truckload of Biden stimulus would make the markets happy too. I think the key indicator is that banks are flying. I think the banks jumping are indicative of a belief in Trump winning.

Financial sector up the most. Maybe they're thinking with Biden you'll have to finance a ham sandwich for lunch. My energy stuff is green, not as much as it was a day or two ago at 3.25% for the day then.

My $2 stock I bought a month or so ago cause I had $2 left in change in my account and didn't want to get it out. It's up 17% since I bought it lol. Should have gone all in, then I'm sure it would have been -90%. Also not enough volume to really even buy that much.

Last edited:

maskedmelon

Orator of Superfluous Nothings
Scraped together another 10k of liquidity and shoved it into my brokerage account. Now to find the best place to put it to work. I was honestly expecting some red this morning.

I was expecting red too. I was not expecting the recent string of subtle acknowledgements from the left that Biden may not win though. I think that is somewhat comforting because it helps legitimize the election and forestall maximum madness. I am sure that we will still get madness, but not to the level it has been expected. Trump 2.0, market go vrooom!!

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Figured today would kind of go up and down like the last few days have. If no winner for a while tomorrow or the next few days is when we'll start to see "something", maybe.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just curious for all these board bros who went to cash expecting a crash, how are you going to approach getting back in?

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Most of my cash was from when I rolled over my old 401k to my ira account which was all index funds, so I figure I'll just DCA it back into SPY/QQQ. No point waiting too long, just gotta hold my nose and do it.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
holy shit at nasdaq futures.

all hail president QQQ.

1604497303587.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Construction companies getting gutted pre-market as split Congress and a Biden White House mean odds of big infrastructure bill sinks.