Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lots of risks abound. Several of the red states tried to ban selling Teslas through the dealership laws. That didn't slow down sales much. Lawmakers are mostly in the "unbridled capitalism" or "willful ignorance" phase, so we'll see.
Fucking Elon shilling on FoH now...

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's probably a case of accusations against Walmart asking their pharmacists to be less scrupulous about filling prescriptions.

"This doesn't look like a real prescription from a real doctor"
"Stop questioning our customers and just take their money"

Actually, that's exactly what it is:

"by understaffing its pharmacies and pressuring employees to fill prescriptions quickly"

In business we call this being efficient and a good steward of the owner's investment. I bet you anything the USADA running this is from a lib, pro-union anti Walmart State.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Speaking of Elon... PYPL acting like a boss. I bought in late in the game this summer and figured I might get 5% or so by then end of the year. +35% later....

• 1Like

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
I have regrets on taking early profits on MP lol, stock keeps going up. Should of kept half heh

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
"by understaffing its pharmacies and pressuring employees to fill prescriptions quickly"

In business we call this being efficient and a good steward of the owner's investment. I bet you anything the USADA running this is from a lib, pro-union anti Walmart State.

In healthcare we call this deadly incompetence.

Do you have any idea how much money fraud like this costs us in tax dollars?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
In healthcare we call this deadly incompetence.

Do you have any idea how much money fraud like this costs us in tax dollars?
Yes. However you are making a leap from tight staffing and efficiency pushes to fraud. I'm not saying it did or didn't happen, I'm just saying because the DOJ says something is not exactly a valid reason to believe something. We need a lot more info.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Lots of risks abound. Several of the red states tried to ban selling Teslas through the dealership laws. That didn't slow down sales much. Lawmakers are mostly in the "unbridled capitalism" or "willful ignorance" phase, so we'll see.

There is no way the current valuation is accurate.

It's either bloated (my guess), or one of the first manifestations of hyper inflation.

At some point the stock has to translate into some value.

I'm a Tesla bull, but not over the entire rest of the automotive industry. That's just insane.

Politicians will want their ounce of flesh for him to get the regulatory green light on self driving. And with him pissing in the Cheerios of the left, and one of the biggest targets for his product being the entire trucking industry...

I'm just not seeing our govt having the will to do the required harm (even if it's for the best)

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yes. However you are making a leap from tight staffing and efficiency pushes to fraud. I'm not saying it did or didn't happen, I'm just saying because the DOJ says something is not exactly a valid reason to believe something. We need a lot more info.

This is not the type of thing you push for "efficiency" in. Walmart tried to sue the DOJ over starting an investigation into this in October. Obviously, they were arrogant. If I had investments into Walmart I'd be watching this very closely and I certainly wouldn't be acting as arrogant as Walmart did.

This is a very serious allegation.

elonm00sk

Molten Core Raider
I stumbled across some stuff from Scott Gallway on investing in 2021. He was surprisingly convincing and entertaining. TLDR, Apple buys Peloton, Roblox will IPO and immediately double, Amazon will spin off AWS and it will moon.

elonm00sk

Molten Core Raider
There is no way the current valuation is accurate.

It's either bloated (my guess), or one of the first manifestations of hyper inflation.

At some point the stock has to translate into some value.

I'm a Tesla bull, but not over the entire rest of the automotive industry. That's just insane.

Politicians will want their ounce of flesh for him to get the regulatory green light on self driving. And with him pissing in the Cheerios of the left, and one of the biggest targets for his product being the entire trucking industry...

I'm just not seeing our govt having the will to do the required harm (even if it's for the best)
It took 15 years to get the first seatbelt law. Self driving is already legal in several cities. In 10 years' time young people will be shocked we let humans drive cars as long as we did.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
It took 15 years to get the first seatbelt law. Self driving is already legal in several cities. In 10 years' time young people will be shocked we let humans drive cars as long as we did.

In 10 years there still might not be full self driving.

It's legal in small areas of a few cities because it's entirely mapped.

And it still sucks.

Tesla is the only game for full self driving.

We can't get our govt to make obvious small decisions that might upset people's delusions.

And you think they are going to instantly gut the entire transportation industry, based on what? Lol

No bro. Everyone is going to be required to hire a full time chauffer from the third world before the clown show gets self driving

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Finally found some news on PTSH (there is none)

Yeah BA has basically reiterated his timeline for early first qtr is on pace. People buy it because... who the fuck knows. It has a floor of $20 and no founder's shares so its a solid investment to park money while you wait. But who the fuck is paying $25 for it? I got no idea. I am up like 25% because I cant tell you why. But I am happy about it. I think I am up over 30% on my warrants. Again, who knows why.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
the lock downs and spac mania are blowing a lot of conventions out of the water. Once again, 500k frenchmen can't be wrong. I saw a graph that showed spacs actually eclipsed IPOs this year for the 1st time ever obviously

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

elonm00sk

Molten Core Raider
In 10 years there still might not be full self driving.

It's legal in small areas of a few cities because it's entirely mapped.

And it still sucks.

Tesla is the only game for full self driving.

We can't get our govt to make obvious small decisions that might upset people's delusions.

And you think they are going to instantly gut the entire transportation industry, based on what? Lol

No bro. Everyone is going to be required to hire a full time chauffer from the third world before the clown show gets self driving
I mean maybe, FSD is in beta in several areas.
It won't gut the industry for a while. People still drive Studebakers and Model T's. But Tesla has the culture, the talent and a decade head start. How long before the Prius, which hasn't changed in 20 years, gets FSD?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Huawei shares may not trade on American exchanges.
Yeah, this is a failure of the English language I guess, that sanction means penalty and also approval. What a fucking retarded word.

In this context I can see how it would mean they don't have permission to be on the exchanges.

• 1Like