Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, this is a failure of the English language I guess, that sanction means penalty and also approval. What a fucking retarded word.

In this context I can see how it would mean they don't have permission to be on the exchanges.
Yeah and that is why the warning. If you have exposure to any of those companies on the naughty list, you are about to get fucked unless Beijing Biden retracts this. Also, people need to look at the basket of holdings for their funds to see if a banned company is hiding there. Doubtful for most folks but you never know with China ETFs and Pan-Pacific funds.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
AAPL - "Strategic Partnership" aka Acquisition. Trying to start a auto manufacturing company from the ground up is beyond stupid. If AAPL were smart they would just buy F or GM for their dirt market cap. GM makes more sense since GM also wholly owns Cruise.

Analyst Actions: Wedbush Anticipates EV Strategic Partnership for Apple in 2021, Possible Standalone Car Manufacturing After 2025
MT NEWSWIRES 9:27 AM ET 12/23/2020
Symbol Last Price Change
AAPL 131.88up 0 (0%)
QUOTES AS OF 04:00:00 PM ET 12/22/2020
09:27 AM EST, 12/23/2020 (MT Newswires) -- Apple(AAPL) is likely to enter the electric vehicle space with a strategic partnership in 2021, Wedbush said, following reports that the company is reviving its efforts in the field of self-driving cars.

Analyst Daniel Ives pegged the chances of a standalone Apple(AAPL) car by 2024 at 35% to 40%, "given the Herculean-like auto production capabilities, battery technology ramp, financial model implications, and regulatory hurdles," on top of "the cautious DNA of Cook & Co. in launching new products."

A collaboration with Tesla (TSLA), VW or a Chinese manufacturer such as Nio (NIO) or Xpeng (XPEV), however, could "lay the groundwork for a dual path (start building its own line of EV autos post 2025) ... if this EV/autonomous venture is successful," Ives said in a note to clients.

Wedbush reiterated its outperform rating and $160 price target on Apple's(AAPL) stock.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
1608735765089.png

• 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I've had a trusted tactic for my investing life. When a dem is president, I push down my SP500 holdings and diversify international. I figure dems are trying to destroy america so might as well try and make money off of it. Did me real good during obama. When a repub is president I liquidate international. Was about to start the conversion jan 1st.

Curious what international ETF's/funds people would consider here.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've had a trusted tactic for my investing life. When a dem is president, I push down my SP500 holdings and diversify international. I figure dems are trying to destroy america so might as well try and make money off of it. Did me real good during obama. When a repub is president I liquidate international. Was about to start the conversion jan 1st.

Curious what international ETF's/funds people would consider here.
I held IXUS for a long time. Its basically the Russel 2k of the globe. Low net fee, no US exposure.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sold the TRIT I bought at 8.50 for 11.50 today, still holding from when I bought at 10.75 and 13.75. I did more reading on DM and they have a few other car companies and even some ties to apple, so I bought a small long position in them. BTWN is cock teasing me constantly jumping from 14 to 15, guess I'll ride it out to the merger news in January. IPV seems to be mirroring LAZR and VLDR, will be interesting to see what happens on its merger date as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Well I went through my portfollio and put orders in to sell covered calls on EVERYTHING (except PLTR of course) for the earliest January date I could. Set all the premiums a bit higher than the current ask and set the strike to be above what I think is reasonable to play it "safe".

I got tons I need to sell in January anyways, may as well get some token premium while I wait.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well I went through my portfollio and put orders in to sell covered calls on EVERYTHING (except PLTR of course) for the earliest January date I could. Set all the premiums a bit higher than the current ask and set the strike to be above what I think is reasonable to play it "safe".

I got tons I need to sell in January anyways, may as well get some token premium while I wait.
If you are going to sell it anyway, get paid to do so.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TRIT +23%
The fuckery with 12/18 options manipulation only cost me about $100 but it still pisses me the fuck off.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cancelled my trailing stop on part of my DIS stake. Decided to go overweight in it for a bit. With a vaccine and Cali still closed, the upside is too good.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I still have a few holdings that I bought during the big dips of last March and April , one of which is DIS. At this point May as well keep holding for the one year mark to ensure they are long term cap gains instead of short, I’m not worried about things like BA and DIS losing flavor of the month and crashing into nothingness

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Decided to punch out of IPV for now that I bought on 12/8, 23% profit

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
GIK up 22% today. I missed buying that on my limit order by like a quarter a few days ago. Am rustled.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So here's my current roster of Spacs that I researched (no I didn't just pick everything off of spactrack.com!)

DSAC
CCIV
CCX
APSG
GRSV
EXPC
ATAC
TREB
JIH
PCPL
WPF
GHIV
BTWN
BFT

A lot are still in the 10-11 range as I just got them last week. I'm probably going to keep BTWN, BFT, and GHIV until their mergers are voted on unless a parabolic event happens sooner

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So here's my current roster of Spacs that I researched (no I didn't just pick everything off of spactrack.com!)

DSAC
CCIV
CCX
APSG
GRSV
EXPC
ATAC
TREB
JIH
PCPL
WPF
GHIV
BTWN
BFT

A lot are still in the 10-11 range as I just got them last week. I'm probably going to keep BTWN, BFT, and GHIV until their mergers are voted on unless a parabolic event happens sooner
Dice Vegas GIF by The Weeknd

• 1Worf