Investing General Discussion

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
if I woke up one day and I was in a gamestop building a pc in their workshop i'd just assume i'd died and gone strait to hell

oh speaking of hell i just remembered the other one

dungeons and dragons gaming nights in the stores

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Don't think it would be filled with all the excitement and how it's trending this evening. You could place a market order, but you better hope it keeps rising once it's filled....

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Does anyone have advice about my limit order question? As I said, I've never attempted to do one until now.

your best bet is just to place a market order in pre-market and hope for the best. you wont get shit with a limit order unless you set it noticeably above sale price

antha124

Lord Nagafen Raider
Everyone making money off GME and I'm here with my Apple leap call spreads like some boomer since December lol. Up 13k I guess I can't complain. Ill be buying 100 BB and 200 AMC shares tomorrow. Exiting my AAPL position on Thursday after earnings and putting it all into Amazon leaps.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Another one that no probabaly no one has heard of is Lordstown Motors. Some Billionaire bought an old GM plant (Lordstown, OH) and now in the process of designing and engineering a truck based on the GM Silverado. All electric and my company is doing the instrument panel for it. Supposedly its a $50K truck fully electric. Beta this spring, we just sent out data for prototype tools for the Instrument panel, and launch sometime early next year. We are working on production data right now.

BTW its 0-60 in 5.5 sec and rated at 600 hp 250 mile range

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I thought I was sitting good getting Tesla last year at 400 pre split while thinking this can’t be real. Jumped on amc for 2300 shares at 4.30. I’m going to take my blessings from Uncle Elon from my Tesla in the morning and shoot for Mars with AMC.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
What you guys think AMC going to open at? I just put a market order in for a grand. Just rolling the dice.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Okay, maybe I'll reconsider. Is there a way to buy an individual stock with Vanguard?

Otherwise, I'm unlikely to find some other brokerage to do this with. With the amount of time to setup an account and all that, it's just probably not happening.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Okay, maybe I'll reconsider. Is there a way to buy an individual stock with Vanguard?

Otherwise, I'm unlikely to find some other brokerage to do this with. With the amount of time to setup an account and all that, it's just probably not happening.

Robinhood baby

• 1Worf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Before I do anything stupid, this is where I am:

Untitled.png

It gives this message, as I currently have $0 in my settlement. I'm okay if they liquidate some of my VTSAX to cover it though, as I assume this goes through immediately when the markets open tomorrow morning?

•This purchase exceeds the current funds available balance. Funds are due in your Federal Money Market Settlement Fund by the settlement date of the trade. Otherwise, securities in the account may be liquidated to pay for the purchase, and the account may be restricted.
•The market is closed. If you submit this order, it will be in effect for the next regular trading session.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>

Took me 10 minutes to setup a Robin Hood account this afternoon.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Before I do anything stupid, this is where I am:

View attachment 331325

It gives this message, as I currently have $0 in my settlement. I'm okay if they liquidate some of my VTSAX to cover it though, as I assume this goes through immediately when the markets open tomorrow morning?

Depends. The "duration" might be for today (1/26) which means it will expire in next hour or 3.

Need to make sure that day in force is 1/27

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Isn't that going to take way too long? And I'm assuming it has some kind of waiting period before you can go wild?

Nope, 15 minute setup. Theyll even let you trade $1k i think even before your first deposit goes through

Thats why the "Robinhood trader" stereotype exists