Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There is a push right now to force funds to declare their short positions the same way they are required to declare their longs. This would be a good beginning.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I'm of the mind that a hedge fund manager with billions in assets and the advantage of having WSB being publicly available...

Frankly, I'd be shocked if they didn't already have parsing programs scraping Reddit in real-time for data to feed the algorithms. (Maybe not Melvin in particular, but someone does.)

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Anyone with half a brain has realized if you didn’t get out yet (GME), you may be absolutely fucked. Monday will certainly decide what I end up doing. Would love some tendies as a surprise.

I also assume when it does crash it’s going to happen so fast if you aren’t actively trading you’ll be left with a dump in your shorts/pants (if winter)

I mean wtf do you want people to do when Robinhood halts trading?

I got in just as GME was skyrocketing, made $200 in minutes, and then Robinhood and the rest of the internet brokers nuked it. Since then I've lost $400 on GME, when there's no telling how high the rocket would've flown. Would it have flown into the Sun? Potentially. But, everyone on the ship would've seen it coming.

Wall Street broke their own rules to fuck the common man. This shit didn't occur without manipulation.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I mean wtf do you want people to do when Robinhood halts trading?

I got in just as GME was skyrocketing, made $200 in minutes, and then Robinhood and the rest of the internet brokers nuked it. Since then I've lost $400 on GME, when there's no telling how high the rocket would've flown. Would it have flown into the Sun? Potentially. But, everyone on the ship would've seen it coming.

Wall Street broke their own rules to fuck the common man. This shit didn't occur without manipulation.
Oh trust me, I’m with you. RH cancelled purchase orders of AMC and GME prior to market without my authorization. I’ll be on the class action ASAP. Cocksuckers

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Oh trust me, I’m with you. RH cancelled purchase orders of AMC and GME prior to market without my authorization. I’ll be on the class action ASAP. Cocksuckers

WSB suggested everyone file individually and not join a class action.

We could all file together as FOH bros. How much does Butthurt Butthurt cost?

• 4Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
WSB suggested everyone file individually and not join a class action.

We could all file together as FOH bros. How much does Butthurt Butthurt cost?
Not only did it affect me financially I am also hurt emotionally by this whole fiasco. I feel like the rich don't like me and that has hurt my feelings. 1 billion in damages seems reasonable.

• 4Like

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If they had a better out they never would have never tanked RH. And that was 100% intentional.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
If they had a better out they never would have never tanked RH. And that was 100% intentional.

As I was explaining to someone today. Tanking free to use apps like RH is part of the goal.

Go after the lines of communication first ...discord and WSB subreddit.

Then go after the means of conveyance for the "retail users" which is RH/Webull / etc.

I'm already seeing stuff making it around CNBC and others about "Is the free business model practical or should people have to front a premium to get into the market?"

Another argument I've seen is "WE NEED A TRANSACTION TAX!" Can you imagine a transaction tax? There were over i think 1.5B transactions of just GME on 1/27 i think. That would be insane, talk about killing the market and eliminating it for a large segment of the population.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anything that unpopular happens it changes in 4 years with an executive order.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Not just RH either, multiple platforms were nigh on unusable yesterday morning. At the same time. I believe fully the hedge funds are clever enough and sketchy to do everything in their power both legal and illegal to weasel out of their dumb shit bet, I’m just not certain how much more they can do, judging yesterday’s shenanigans.

Either way, this weeks events have entertained me... to the moon

🚀🚀🚀👨🏽‍🚀👨🏽‍🚀👨🏽‍🚀🌕🌕🌕

Its also sparked the biggest surge in interest in the markets from “outsiders” in my life time, which is also awesome to see.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Not just RH either, multiple platforms were nigh on unusable yesterday morning. At the same time. I believe fully the hedge funds are clever enough and sketchy to do everything in their power both legal and illegal to weasel out of their dumb shit bet, I’m just not certain how much more they can do, judging yesterday’s shenanigans.

Either way, this weeks events have entertained me... to the moon

🚀🚀🚀👨🏽‍🚀👨🏽‍🚀👨🏽‍🚀🌕🌕🌕

Its also sparked the biggest surge in interest in the markets from “outsiders” in my life time, which is also awesome to see.
I went to fucking supercuts the other day to get my haircut. The 20 year old looking chick that was cutting my hair was like you see this stock market thing going on, and proceeded to tell me all about how she bought into GME and was reading all about investing and stuff online when she had never even thought of doing something like that. I'm sure theres like hundreds of thousands of people in the same shoes now.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 4 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The WSB comments fucking kill me sometimes. I may stick around just to laugh at this shit.

Untitled.png

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Anyone with half a brain has realized if you didn’t get out yet (GME), you may be absolutely fucked. Monday will certainly decide what I end up doing. Would love some tendies as a surprise.

I also assume when it does crash it’s going to happen so fast if you aren’t actively trading you’ll be left with a dump in your shorts/pants (if winter)

At this point, I'll probably sell GME whenever it goes over my initial investment. It keeps getting within $10 of it, but never quite going into the green. Also interested to see what happens on Monday, so I'm okay with staying in it. It'll be a good idea to be seriously on the ball with this come Monday morning, because any crash (or spike) is likely going to happen very fast as others have said. Anyone who sleeps until noon might not have a very good day.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well I sold the 40k dogecoin I remembered I had from when we were memeing at work a few years back so at least I got something out of it.

Anyone want to pump and dump Bitbean?

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
The thought that insider trading isn't happening on a semi daily basis seems very hard to believe. Much like government cronyism I suspect it's just the norm until you piss of the wrong person and then they slap your hand.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user