Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
He was the league of legends fanboy for a while, became the poster child, and did horribly there. Then he turned around and said they were bad investments. Dude is an idiot. Also, thanks for wearing a shirt that says "I'm rich." What a pretentious asshole.

That 3 comma shirt is hilarious.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Given the "democratization" of the stonks market, do you think hedge funds have gotten into crypto simply to take people's money?

I mean they can completely manipulate the market, given enough collusion and volume. Just look at GME. What would GME have actually done if pieces of shit brokers like Robinhood hadn't halted traded or limited investments? Ofcourse it would've gone higher.

Are they just looking at crypto with the same collusion hands?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think the biggest problem is people getting in with no exit plan. They see a bunch of people jumping in, but nobody really says when to get out.

I haven't made the most optimal moves but I'm ahead because I kept taking profits.
My first foray into the markets was 2008 where I ended up losing my ass in the crash. Dipped into Margin and everything. Stayed away from the market for 10 years. Got back in last year during the crash. I'm not up a ton, still licking my wounds from 2008, but I'm up a nice amount.
However, with everything at ATH, I sold out everything a couple weeks ago, only jumped back into the meme stocks because it was money sitting around & FOMO.
Everyone wants to feel they know better & not see red. Stubbornness gets in the way.
But now when I buy I typically have some mental triggers on when to sell.
Volume dipping, general sentiment, intuition, and dollar targets.

Thing with meme stocks is you know they are overvalued and you know it's going to crash, so you need to be a lot more aggressive with your exit plan. The tide turns so rapidly, you can't just sit on them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Given the "democratization" of the stonks market, do you think hedge funds have gotten into crypto simply to take people's money?

I mean they can completely manipulate the market, given enough collusion and volume. Just look at GME. What would GME have actually done if pieces of shit brokers like Robinhood hadn't halted traded or limited investments? Ofcourse it would've gone higher.

Are they just looking at crypto with the same collusion hands?
if there is advantage to be had anywhere in any market, someone on wall street is exploiting it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think the biggest problem is people getting in with no exit plan. They see a bunch of people jumping in, but nobody really says when to get out.

I haven't made the most optimal moves but I'm ahead because I kept taking profits.
My first foray into the markets was 2008 where I ended up losing my ass in the crash. Dipped into Margin and everything. Stayed away from the market for 10 years. Got back in last year during the crash. I'm not up a ton, still licking my wounds from 2008, but I'm up a nice amount.
However, with everything at ATH, I sold out everything a couple weeks ago, only jumped back into the meme stocks because it was money sitting around & FOMO.
Everyone wants to feel they know better & not see red. Stubbornness gets in the way.
But now when I buy I typically have some mental triggers on when to sell.
Volume dipping, general sentiment, intuition, and dollar targets.

Thing with meme stocks is you know they are overvalued and you know it's going to crash, so you need to be a lot more aggressive with your exit plan. The tide turns so rapidly, you can't just sit on them.
There are volumes of posts in this thread discussing this very thing. Don't buy unless you already have an exit planned or unless it's a long term buy/hold.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sounds like a lot of the new people in this thread need to find Index funds first, and then start learning other methods from there.

• 3Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
That 3 comma shirt is hilarious.
1612290155924.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
PSTH and BTWN both up over 1.00, but I'm not seeing any news. Maybe it's all the GME money flowing back into the market, could also explain CCIV

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>

If any of you have never looked at Stocktwits before, take the time to just browse the comments right now.

It's a study in manipulation of the investing-uneducated masses and groupthink. Massive bagholders parroting the same infographics over and over, talking about the huge price drop is from "the shorts," and how if you buy thousands more now, it's gonna burst back any second. I take it to be generally tens of thousands of young investors who just don't know when to quit. I've seen numerous people say things like "I make $13 an hour and I spent my $2000 savings on this and it's all gone, please buy more."

The stereotypical Gen-Z selfishness is on full display - - "fuck you if you sold this, buy more, let's get it up again," as if people aren't in the market to make money when it appears. Very little personal insight on display, no self blame. Everyone else is the problem.

Then there's the hilarious misguided machismo of it - "you're a bitch if you sold this." No, you're pretty much a bitch if you held it like a retard.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
bro, put some money into this herbal supplement penny stock. i bought 100,000 shares yesterday and its up 125%

View attachment 332560

this is not financial advice. i just really like herbal supplement companies from 1985
How close to the moon is this getting? I need to know if I should invest my house, or just the money I set aside for my Bazooka Joe habit each week.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How close to the moon is this getting? I need to know if I should invest my house, or just the money I set aside for my Bazooka Joe habit each week.
It's a penny stock. Investing your house sounds like a sure thing.

Dice Vegas GIF by The Weeknd

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Repost
  • 1Mother of God

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

in terms of moon travel, we are still in LOE but ready to go apollo 13 any day now

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You kids and your meme stocks. The real power move was SAVA today.

• 1Like