Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Actually it's not letting me buy it. You can't market order penny stock and each time I put in a limit order it goes up and my order won't fill.

Any solution to this? It feels weird putting in a limit order for higher than the current price.

The current price is .0041 and I put in a 100k limit buy order at .0042 and it's not filling.

Edit: nevermind. Finally filled but at .0046.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Actually it's not letting me buy it. You can't market order penny stock and each time I put in a limit order it goes up and my order won't fill.

Any solution to this? It feels weird putting in a limit order for higher than the current price.

The current price is .0041 and I put in a 100k limit buy order at .0042 and it's not filling.

Edit: nevermind. Finally filled but at .0046.
I would feel dirty helping someone buy a stock that is selling for less than a penny. As a man with very few principles, even I have to draw a line in the sand somewhere :p

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would feel dirty helping someone buy a stock that is selling for less than a penny. As a man with very few principles, even I have to draw a line in the sand somewhere :p

All good. I know it's a total gamble. You guys have already helped me a ton with spac stuff.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Im up 112% on HCMC today

dave chappelle television GIF

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Grabbed a starter position on CPUH.U and will add more (a lot more) if we get a big red market pullback day.

Big red days are how I got XPOA at 10.60, which is already up over 10% since that buy less than 2 weeks back.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Fuck, I almost put 5 grand into Ocugen last week and pussed out because it seemed dubious. There was a bit of chatter on it on Stocktwits and Reddit. Up 239 percent today.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Grabbed a starter position on CPUH.U and will add more (a lot more) if we get a big red market pullback day.

Big red days are how I got XPOA at 10.60, which is already up over 10% since that buy less than 2 weeks back.

YES. More CPUH for the CPUH god.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Went back to the well and wrote some puts on LAZR and VLDR - Come join me Fogel Fogel . March expiry, wrote the $25 LAZR and $17.50 VLDR

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PSTH at all time highs. I think we just see a steady grind higher until a target acquisition announced. (Supposedly Q1)

billymain

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck, I almost put 5 grand into Ocugen last week and pussed out because it seemed dubious. There was a bit of chatter on it on Stocktwits and Reddit. Up 239 percent today.
i was eyeing ocugen last week all friday afternoon trying to talk myself into accepting losses instead of tendies on the meme gambles and moving funds over. was 4 figures but nothing i would care about if i lost 100% of it, but would have been significant if things went differently. pulled the trigger this morning tho and got in this morning. gotta stop the bleeding and let the moneys recover. $SENS has been good to me and future looks promising. awaiting FDA approval for 180day implant CGM for the diabeetus. is pretty game changing compared to changing every 10-14 days with dexcom/freestyle libre. dexcom publishing earnings thursday should bode well for CGM

• 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Can you expand on this? I've always ignored 529 because I didn't like the idea of it being tied to specific spending, but admittedly I don't know much about them.
Your state website likely has a FAQ that will clue you in on the typical concerns.

529s- You can deduct $4k per account per year off state income taxes. They are state and federal tax free and never taxed if you use them on education expense. You can transfer them to other family members if one kid gets scholarships, can be used instate / our of state, public,private, you can use them for trade schools and associate degrees etc.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
529s- You can deduct $4k per account per year off state income taxes.
This is only true in 30 states. When evaluating 529's it's worth noting that you can invest in any state's plan (though it may have tax implications for you), and some of them have truly dogshit expense ratios on the available funds.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
You guys use any particular IOS app to TRACK stocks? Not buy on, just for ease of use / setting up alerts. Something you can enter your cost basis, number of shares, etcetera. Something with a slick UI. I see some people apparently recommend Yahoo Finance, but there's gotta be better than that...don't mind if it's pay.

Since I'm not using Robinhood anymore for day to day trading I'm missing that slick tracking UI.

Edit: I'm seeing people saying WeBull is good too. Gonna download a few of these and see how they stack up.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Can you expand on this? I've always ignored 529 because I didn't like the idea of it being tied to specific spending, but admittedly I don't know much about them.

It's really some specialty cases you probably wont need to worry about until you are fully maxed out on your normal contributions (401k, IRA, HSA, etc). The main reason in my opinion, though, is that a 529 can be passed in full to your heirs, with no requirements like IRAs. After the SECURE act, IRAs must be liquidated within 10 years now of getting it. However, another reason often cited is that while you're taxed at normal rate + 10% penalty when you take out, the advantage of being able to contribute without limits and growth being untaxed so much offsets the tax/penalty, that you actually come out ahead.

Here's a decent write up... https://rpgplanner.com/529-plan-opportunity/

Last edited: