Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cathie Wood Buys Twitter Dip Amid Worst Plunge Since October $TSLA $FB $GOOGLnewsfilter.io
2021-05-03T15:50:55Z
Cathy is either this generation's Warren Buffet or a /WSB trader with a ton of other people's money to gamble with. I have no idea which it is yet.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If you bought TWTR when they banned Trump you would have made money (if you sold before earnings). But politics aside I agree with Sanrith, it’s very poorly run and Jack is the main problem at this point. Plus yeah, the business model is stupid at this point.
It's not that it's poorly run so much as that Twitter isn't even trying to make a profit. It is just a hobbyist forum that got too big.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you bought TWTR when they banned Trump you would have made money (if you sold before earnings). But politics aside I agree with Sanrith, it’s very poorly run and Jack is the main problem at this point. Plus yeah, the business model is stupid at this point.
The other thing for me is that if there was no (or only 2 or 4 stocks to invest in) other choices then yeah I am looking at TWTR on the cheap. But I have a few thousand other options available on any given day.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

Never looked into it, how do they make money to begin with? Just advertising of some sort I've never noticed.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
In other news, $X woke the fuck up again. Profit is profit, but at the same time, I am kicking myself for selling early. I had US Steel at $5.01ish after the covid crash.

happy toilet paper GIF by Kad's Review

• 1Paper Hands
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
In other news, $X woke the fuck up again. Profit is profit, but at the same time, I am kicking myself for selling early. I had US Steel at $5.01ish after the covid crash.

happy toilet paper GIF by Kad's Review's Review

I finally sold the last major chunk of it that I had at 24. Was at 140+% profit

• 3Tendies
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So 1/3rd of the year is in the bag and I am looking at my portfolio on my long-term holdings. There are always opportunities to add and times to subtract. Here is what I am currently holding. Symbols on my radar include (AMZN, BABA, COIN, XBI/IBB, NFLX, and TSLA).

Symbol
CASH
AAPL
ABBV
CRM
DIS
FTEC
HD
KMB
LMT
MSFT
NOC
NVDA
PG
PLTR
PYPL
V
WMT

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Aside from first-to-market, what other competitive advantage does NFLX have? I keep looking for a reason to buy it and I keep seeing its advantage eroding and its lack of a content library it doesnt have to pay royalties for a huge hurdle.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Grabbed F right near the 100 Day MA. SPY was also near 20 day support. Figured it was a strong case for a bounce. Bad news is out of the way about Q2 forward guidance. Nice longer term play.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yellen talking about rate hikes to calm overheating market. Sold that F.

This is the first even mention of raising rates and could be the catalyst for a correction.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
These market selloffs are a lot less exciting when you're unemployed and not putting money away anymore.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users