Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ABT making some moves today with MDT announcing they are halting one of their heart pump machines out of concerns. They have gotten a chunk of their drop the other day for lowering guidance to to predicted falls in Coronachan testing. Its a quality stock with probably another 20% of upside over the next 12 months at this point.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
AMC +7%
That which is dead cannot truly die.
443E5204-42AB-43CE-9723-F8EF31578A74.png

• 1To the Moon!
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Trusting my gut with the double top at around $70 on AMC and the % drop after hit $26 a couple months back. Shorting here with tight stop loss at $73.

Scared Roller Coaster GIF
So let us know with AMC back pushing $70, did you profit out of your short this morning or are you about to go bankrupt?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
About +120% over the last 9 months.

View attachment 356543

I put some small "fun money" into F WAY BACK when all the auto manufacturers were getting government bailouts and F noped out and said they were good (around 3/2009). I figured they deserved a little investment reward. If it gets back to the ATH it had while I have owned it (around $19.30) I'll probably exit, but might not....

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TSLA taking a beatdown.

Tesla's China orders halved in May - The Information
REUTERS 2:51 PM ET 6/3/2021
Symbol Last Price Change
TSLA 576.7395up -28.3805 (-4.6901%)
QUOTES AS OF 02:58:42 PM ET 06/03/2021
(Reuters) - Tesla Inc's(TSLA) vehicle orders in China nearly halved in May, when compared to April, against the backdrop of increased government scrutiny on the U.S. electric carmaker, the Information reported on Thursday, citing internal data.

The company's monthly net orders in China dropped to about 9,800 in May from more than 18,000 in April, the report Tesla’s China Orders Halved in May, Internal Data Show, As Crisis Deepens said, sending shares down nearly 5% in afternoon trading.

China is the electric car maker's second-biggest market after the United States and accounts for about 30% of its sales. Tesla makes electric Model 3 sedans and Model Y sport-utility vehicles in a Shanghai plant.

Tesla had won strong backing from Shanghai when it built its first overseas factory there in 2019. Tesla's Model 3 sedans were the best-selling electric vehicles in the country before being overtaken by a much cheaper micro EV.

However, the recent slump Tesla's sales comes as Chinese regulators take a tough stance on the company over increased safety concerns and consumer complaints in the past few months coupled with growing tensions with Washington.

Tesla's China sales had slumped in April from March as well.

Tesla sold 11,671 Model 3 and Model Y vehicles in April in China compared with March, when it sold most of its 35,478 China-made cars locally, according to Chinese auto industry body CPCA's secretary general Cui Dongshu.

Tesla did not immediately respond to Reuters' request for comment.

• 1Like

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Stocks are weird. Why has UONE more than doubled in value over the cause of 3 weeks? Why is GTT somehow exploding from one day to the other?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Stocks are weird. Why has UONE more than doubled in value over the cause of 3 weeks? Why is GTT somehow exploding from one day to the other?
These are heavily shorted stocks and people are trying to initiate a squeeze.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So let us know with AMC back pushing $70, did you profit out of your short this morning or are you about to go bankrupt?

Diamond handing it for now. I got pulled into an unscheduled meeting that lasted nearly 2 hours this morning and missed the dip into the low 40s. I probably would have covered there if I had been watching it.

Billy Crystal Cowboy GIF

• 4Diamond Hands
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
GTT is a fucking awful provider but I find this incredibly interesting and might throw 1000 dollars at it. It has to be way over-shorted.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Of all the takes on AMC, BB , GME I've seen over the last couple of days. I think this is the most interesting take:

Valuation of a company isn't just Price/Earnings ratios on a sheet. While those are good indicators, there may be more to the story.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
jobs data out 559k vs 650k Est. Unemployment down to 5.8%

Market first reaction is up.

• 2Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That should probably be considered bad. We've missed every single month this year. I'm guessing they threw out a low ball number in hopes it'd actually be close, and we still missed.

• 1Like