Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
So no new hawkish language at all not one bit. Let alone morons thinking they would raise rates today.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1643223806989.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With the threat of the Ukraine situation.. how disconnected are they from those politics? Being super hawkish with this geopolitical tinder box primed doesn't seem wise.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
With the threat of the Ukraine situation.. how disconnected are they from those politics? Being super hawkish with this geopolitical tinder box primed doesn't seem wise.
Ukraine is a non-event. Biden will not physically oppose Russia in Ukraine. Nor will Nato. And Russia isn't going further west than Ukraine.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Super hawkish? This Fed isn't even remotely hawkish. We have Stockholm syndrome we don't even know what hawkish is at this point. QE is still going, it still as I type this is pumping more liquidity into the market.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Super hawkish? This Fed isn't even remotely hawkish. We have Stockholm syndrome we don't even know what hawkish is at this point. QE is still going, it still as I type this is pumping more liquidity into the market.
Of course they aren't, I was posing the question in the context of some "analysts" claiming they would jump the gun straight to a 50bp move at this meeting, along with accellerated taper.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Of course they aren't, I was posing the question in the context of some "analysts" claiming they would jump the gun straight to a 50bp move at this meeting, along with accellerated taper.
Those aren't analysts. They are crackheads.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
People confuse what they know to be the right move versus what this Fed will be willing to do. Even people thinking four rate hikes this year, this is a fed that will use ANY excuse to delay a hike. Oh 4 people in Guatamalasia have a new form of the cold well we better wait.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Whats funny is professional investors who obviously want stocks to move upwards are still crying out "WTF how did they not address 7% inflation".

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Now the fear of slamming the brakes will take hold... Always something to worry about