Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Who wants to bet on something fun happening? This option play you win as long as it moves up or down. You lose if it stays at this level.
Capture.PNG

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didn't realize Tesla and Intel reporting after the bell... Interesting! More fun to come!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Good luck! chance to double your money on either side could definitely hit. Going to stop on it or just let it go all or nothing?
lol, after the last couple of days you expect me to be able to predict the next two days? Imma take it hour by hour. :p

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
GOOGL finished up almost 2% and MSFT almost 3%. There is no true consensus on where the market is going right now.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Good luck! chance to double your money on either side could definitely hit. Going to stop on it or just let it go all or nothing?
So since SPY trades until 4:15, do the options trade as well? I am watching my put rise as SPY sells down.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Was going to trade TSLA AH if there was some fun but this is a complete nothing burger. Can't even get out of the range of last few days. Will have to start considering TSLA a boomer stock.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Bought a few shares of NUE at 92.70. Only a few in case we're in for more red the next couple of days. This seems like a good deal for this one though. Of course there's earnings tomorrow and whatever happens to the overall market after tomorrow as well.

Watching the industrial REIT's though, I wonder if steel demand for the next year or so is going to match that downtrend as well. It would seem to me there's correlation between those 2 industries, but then again I don't know if there's any more correlation between steel and industrial real estate and steel and the overall market, so.... *shrug*

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Bought a few shares of NUE at 92.70. Only a few in case we're in for more red the next couple of days. This seems like a good deal for this one though. Of course there's earnings tomorrow and whatever happens to the overall market after tomorrow as well.

Watching the industrial REIT's though, I wonder if steel demand for the next year or so is going to match that downtrend as well. It would seem to me there's correlation between those 2 industries, but then again I don't know if there's any more correlation between steel and industrial real estate and steel and the overall market, so.... *shrug*
did you buy back into MPC on the dip? Please tell me you and I are still MPC chads and not just MTTR simps

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
did you buy back into MPC on the dip? Please tell me you and I are still MPC chads and not just MTTR simps
No :( When you didn't answer my question on the reasoning for your buy I chickened out.

I totally misplayed NUE as well. Rather than selling at ~105 like I should have, I got stopped out at ~97 for a loss and then bought a few more shares back at like ~95, then again today at 92.70 Playing with stop losses is new to me, and I'm learning that if you think there's a downturn coming you're better off just selling at that higher price you're currently at rather than waiting for the stop loss to kick in. IE: taking profit actively vs passively waiting for things to drop. Ah well. I mean, it's not huge money we're talking about here, but still.