Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Elon values the buyout at 54. It's up too the people buy/selling the stock to decide if it is worth that much, or less/more. Twitter was at 40 when Elon started tweeting about buying it at 54.
Remember he is taking it private so the shares will be worth that $54.20 a share so he can go private.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What I'm saying is that he believes that people are concerned about him buying Twitter because he thinks they think they won't be able to criticize him on it.

That's not even the slightest of people's concerns, even though it might still be true:

No. he was saying that because he is promoting this purchase as a freedom of speech issue. Thus, he is saying he wont be censoring people on the platform even they disagree with him (or anyone else)

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Thats what I'm looking at, it means he's offering to buy every share at that price right? Once the board approves it which apprently they are?
I believe the board will "recommend" the purchase but ultimately shareholders have to decide via vote. As long as he gets 50.01% of the vote total it will pass and all shares converted to $54.20

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also re valuation. Musk has already said his interest in TWTR isn't about making money, rather than the angle of free speech. "Not making money" isn't the pitch for shareholders.

Musk insisted that buying Twitter wasn’t an economic move for him.

“This is not a way to sort of make money. My strong intuitive sense is that having a public platform that is maximally trusted and broadly inclusive is extremely important,” he says. “So the future of civilization, but you don’t care about the economics at all.”

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lotta people buying AAPL puts.

1650907848932.png

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I believe the board will "recommend" the purchase but ultimately shareholders have to decide via vote. As long as he gets 50.01% of the vote total it will pass and all shares converted to $54.20

It seems like free money to me. I mean there will be some people that bought way higher that will say no, but anyone buying shares recently will probably vote yes plus Elon is starting at 9% with his own shares.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It seems like free money to me. I mean there will be some people that bought way higher that will say no, but anyone buying shares recently will probably vote yes plus Elon is starting at 9% with his own shares.
All that matters is the big funds vote Yes. And they will because the stock is a dog.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
14:50 [TWTR] Confirms Tesla CEO Elon Musk to acquire Twitter for $54.20/shr in cash; Deal expected to close in 2022
- The transaction, which has been unanimously approved by the Twitter Board of Directors, is expected to close in 2022, subject to the approval of Twitter stockholders, the receipt of applicable regulatory approvals and the satisfaction of other customary closing conditions.
- Mr. Musk has secured $25.5 billion of fully committed debt and margin loan financing and is providing an approximately $21.0 billion equity commitment. There are no financing conditions to the closing of the transaction.
- Under the terms of the agreement, Twitter stockholders will receive $54.20 in cash for each share of Twitter common stock that they own upon closing of the proposed transaction. The purchase price represents a 38% premium to Twitter's closing stock price on April 1, 2022, which was the last trading day before Mr. Musk disclosed his approximately 9% stake in Twitter.
- Musk: "Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated," said Mr. Musk. "I also want to make Twitter better than ever by enhancing the product with new features, making the algorithms open source to increase trust, defeating the spam bots, and authenticating all humans. Twitter has tremendous potential – I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it."

14:53 [DWAC] Fox News says Pres Trump will not return to Twitter regardless of whether Musk buys the company ; Trump to begin using his own TRUTH Social - Source TradeTheNews.com

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
14:50 [TWTR] Confirms Tesla CEO Elon Musk to acquire Twitter for $54.20/shr in cash; Deal expected to close in 2022
- The transaction, which has been unanimously approved by the Twitter Board of Directors, is expected to close in 2022, subject to the approval of Twitter stockholders, the receipt of applicable regulatory approvals and the satisfaction of other customary closing conditions.
- Mr. Musk has secured $25.5 billion of fully committed debt and margin loan financing and is providing an approximately $21.0 billion equity commitment. There are no financing conditions to the closing of the transaction.
- Under the terms of the agreement, Twitter stockholders will receive $54.20 in cash for each share of Twitter common stock that they own upon closing of the proposed transaction. The purchase price represents a 38% premium to Twitter's closing stock price on April 1, 2022, which was the last trading day before Mr. Musk disclosed his approximately 9% stake in Twitter.
- Musk: "Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated," said Mr. Musk. "I also want to make Twitter better than ever by enhancing the product with new features, making the algorithms open source to increase trust, defeating the spam bots, and authenticating all humans. Twitter has tremendous potential – I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it."

14:53 [DWAC] Fox News says Pres Trump will not return to Twitter regardless of whether Musk buys the company
Funny how they unanimously agree after just unanimously said no.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They are hiding the earnings so no one can ever go after the board for initially voting against the sale.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TSLA been selling since the news. Likely the implication Musk's collateral are some TSLA shares.

"fully committed debt and margin loan financing"