Investing General Discussion

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
portfolio check in time let's see who lost the least

mine is -3.43 - i'm pretty happy with that all things considered

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Locnar, avert your eyes, I like you bro.

images

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
-2.5% but it is really because I got lucky and liquidated a trust I had in November to move money to real estate and then back again so had huge cash holdings sold at the highs that I normally wouldn’t have. Investments I made last week even in the down market make up like -5 of that 2.5 lol

I will take it though better to be lucky than good.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I'm down about 6% despite being mostly in the S&P because I had liquidated a bunch at ~4500 for a house down payment, ended up not buying, and got to put it back in variously between 4075-4200. Hard to complain too much when my base case would have been to just ride it out.

Molten Core Raider
my ira is down about 6% for the year, no idea on the trading account since I've been using it to fund the IRA and my HSA and I'm too lazy to do the math with the deductions. it's pretty ugly though. as I mentioned, I was dabbling in the penny cesspool for a little while, 1 is bankrupt and I'm waiting on 3 more to reverse split. the good news is they are all pretty small positions and I knew this was possible when I started.

in the mean time, I've been scaling into index ETFs a little here and there and getting other stuff done around the house.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Y'all are amateurs. Gotta pump them numbers. -15% YTD. Live by tech, die by tech.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 6 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If I hadn't made 60k swing-trading ETHE last year I'd be really upset about the 24k that I'm down this year so far, lol.
Part of my loss is I'm not selling out of my core holdings. I'll ride it down and then ride it back. Eventually. Hopefully.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
I'm down 0.4% this year. My oil, convenience stores and retail are all green. Really have a feel of people trying to hide their money somewhere. When those go down there won't be anything left to hold onto.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Let's see... YTD

"Longer Term stuff" portfolio (only 4 holdings in it, three are ETFs)- down 13.1%
"Playground" (where I do shit like chase meme stocks and invest because I have "gut feeling") - down 15.4%
Work RSU stockpile... - Down 2%

Been accumulating cash in a side account waiting until I think we've hit bottom and deploying it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Molten Core Raider
So.. about that 6(ish) percent.

Come on, lets limit down today, make Fridays fun again!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I’m down around 60 percent average across my accounts since becoming a “active trader/investor/gambler” And we are talking a few hundred thousand dollars. Just awful. Thankful I at least took care of my financial foundation. Just sucks I lost maybe 20 percent of my total net value in one year. I feel like all I can do now is start again from the bottom and just tuck money away into indexes and forget about it until retirement. That and forget about my fantasies of a new garage and stuff like that.