Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
May hit the QQQ weekly close to within a dollar for the 4th time in a row, don't want to count my chickens early. Selling puts for next week is the first time since this decline began that I'm more unsure of what strike to sell.

• 3Like
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 3 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Think we are setting up for a bounce day tomorrow, how much energy it will have is debatable. Would want to see a pullback in the 2y to coincide with it. Things just getting a little stretched here. Wouldn't take too much of a move to let RSI on multiple fronts chill out.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
200 wk on QQQ going to be tested..again... If bounce can't build any momentum we are going to get red pretty quick losing it. Hasn't been breached in 13 yrs.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I didnt know 200 week was a thing to be honest. At first i thought it was 200 day but we obviously aren't above that.
200 wk doesn't (shouldn't) come into play very often. It is considered the gatekeeper of a Secular Trend. Cyclical bears in a secular bull don't go below (for more than a few bars) the 200 wk they do test it. For example the 1987 crash went and touched it to the penny.

If you recall this is the level that got me in some trouble during covid because I went pretty heavy in at the 200 wk thinking we would not break it since I believe us to be in a Secular bull market. We of course did break it and within a few weeks recaptured. The final dip of the 2015-2016 cyclical bear also went and down to it in Feb 2016 . 2018 correction went and touched it to the penny. Speaking of SPX in these examples.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
200 wk doesn't (shouldn't) come into play very often. It is considered the gatekeeper of a Secular Trend. Cyclical bears in a secular bull don't go below (for more than a few bars) the 200 wk they do test it. For example the 1987 crash went and touched it to the penny.

If you recall this is the level that got me in some trouble during covid because I went pretty heavy in at the 200 wk thinking we would not break it since I believe us to be in a Secular bull market. We of course did break it and within a few weeks recaptured. The final dip of the 2015-2016 cyclical bear also went and down to it in Feb 2016 . 2018 correction went and touched it to the penny. Speaking of SPX in these examples.
I consider myself now unconfused.

Gracias.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
200 wk on QQQ going to be tested..again... If bounce can't build any momentum we are going to get red pretty quick losing it. Hasn't been breached in 13 yrs.
I assume you are talking about an EMA, not an SMA?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
At this point INTC is a dividend play.

1663877317029.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
When you can get 4.1% with no capital risk why play with INTC which could lose you 6% in a day for 5.13%?
Because unlike buying a Treasury, it has the potential to go upwards.more than a fraction. Granted, this is INTC we are talking about so most likely not gonna happen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
With bond yields inverted you can tie up money for less time and get higher yields. Of course, thats because rates are only going in one direction right now.

1663936991474.png

New issues

1663937111748.png