Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fwiw, I have a script on eSignal to overlay the daily 20ema and 50, 100, 200 sma’s on any timeframe chart. This way I can trade off my 5min, 1min, or 24sec timeframe charts depending on what setups I’m trading and they’re always in clear view. I’m sure there’s equivalents out there for ToS etc.

Btw, still shocked a few of you aren’t using TradingView charts. They are the best bang for buck out there and make integrated ToS / Fidelity charts look archaic by comparison.

Keep an eye out during Black Friday sales, as you can get something crazy like 60% off the annual subs. I’m sure I will remind and link here during the sale. I’m also making the move away from eSignal to TradingView. Not just the cost savings, but the features are constantly improving and impressive.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Tons of money pouring into crypto and futures? Will the bears be beaten? Stay tuned.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
S&P has logged 5 straight red days. Six straight is a really rare occurrence. Not going to surprise me that we see a heavy green day today.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fwiw, I have a script on eSignal to overlay the daily 20ema and 50, 100, 200 sma’s on any timeframe chart. This way I can trade off my 5min, 1min, or 24sec timeframe charts depending on what setups I’m trading and they’re always in clear view. I’m sure there’s equivalents out there for ToS etc.

Btw, still shocked a few of you aren’t using TradingView charts. They are the best bang for buck out there and make integrated ToS / Fidelity charts look archaic by comparison.

Keep an eye out during Black Friday sales, as you can get something crazy like 60% off the annual subs. I’m sure I will remind and link here during the sale. I’m also making the move away from eSignal to TradingView. Not just the cost savings, but the features are constantly improving and impressive.
If I was a "trader" I would invest in some more tools. Up until this mistake I was making with ATP, it has given me the info I need. I use Macrotrends a lot (the free version) for charting price metrics (like historical PE). I also like how Marketwatch displays corporate financial documents (income statements, balance sheets etc).

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Bot QQQ $277.75 - stop in place.

3700 SPX key level. Been tested multiple times. Each test weakens the support if it can't push off this level.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Chart doesnt look healthy at all.

1664293035874.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The more frequent we keep testing these lower levels, the more likely the break. Could also easily just flash lower and get bought back up (overshoot). This scenario to break and reclaim would be a decent buy signal for me.

disclaimer: I’m typing this on a beach in Croatia, so detached from the finer detail of what’s going on.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
disclaimer: I’m typing this on a beach in Croatia, so detached from the finer detail of what’s going on.
Did you by any chance make a quick stop near Denmark to visit the Nord Stream pipeline on the way to Croatia?

• 1Jonesing

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Am I wrong or wouldn't normal Bear Flag theory say that since the initial drop was ~$4, the second drop will close to match it? Putting QQQ around 274.5 at the end?
I dont really deal in the various theories. I looked at the chart and just say increased selling without any show of strong support to the buy side.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I dont really deal in the various theories. I looked at the chart and just say increased selling without any show of strong support to the buy side.
Fair enough. It just sunk into my head because there's a BTC technical analysis channel where a piano player has worked it into a lyric about "Take the pole and slide it down and there you have the end" for bear flags.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Here is the daily chart for the time frame you wanted, showing Daily MAs
View attachment 435068
Think I got it corrected. It was of course user-error. I had made copies of a number of charts back in the Covid hey-day and I guess one of them got corrupted and wouldnt allow daily frequency over a long time period. This look better?

1664299819119.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So the biggest issue of 2007/08 in my opinion wasnt the housing bubble (though it was the driver), but the liquidity that dried up as a side effect. Liquidity impacts every aspect of our economy. Businesses dont function without it. Back then, we had some things the Fed could do (QE, interest rates). Today though? Honest question. What can the FED do with inflation roaring, the dollar soaring and liquidity fading? This isnt a rhetorical question. I dont see any options. Cant QE/Operation Twist, cant lower rates, cant inject liquidity. I mean technically they can lower rates but of course that just lets inflation act like a wildfire.

• 1Like