Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Podcast I listen to said META was a strong buy under 100 and a must-buy under 90 and I didn't listen because I hate the Zuck.

This is why you shouldn't let emotion get involved.

My quote from Monday:
META +3.5%
Some MBA must have finally told Zuck that slashing headcount is the OG way to raise share price.
1668100423767.png

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Does anyone know of either of these ETFs or similar funds? I've searched and can't find these for some reason.
  • Clean energy bear (inverse of KLNE)
  • Oil, bear & bull (not production or exploration or any of that shit, I mean something that directly tracks crude itself)
I get that there are workarounds e.g. inversing clean energy will be generally like a direct trade in fossil fuel funds, but I'm not looking for workarounds, I'm wondering if there are funds somewhere that do exactly this.

Thanks!

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bought more SQQQ at low 49s. Market won't be up forever.

yeah I loaded some more bear stuff around SPY 390, will grab some more if it hits 395. I love big moves like this
Mercy Madison GIF

*I jest, however, sentiment has shifted prior to this CPI report. This is the first real progress shown and already we have multiple Fed members today talking about pauses and lowering hikes. Futures have pulled back on the 5% end target already today as well. Just set some stops and re-evaluate in case we want to squeeze higher. There is a descending macro resistance (from highs Jan, Mar, and Aug) that comes into a confluence point roughly around SPY 410 (also a pivot of significance). Doesn't hurt to start here, but I like that area for a short a hell of a lot better than here.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Didnt even see it as a controversial move honestly, big moves like this seem to reverse pretty often. But yes, there is a risk of loss.

I do think a change in sentiment is coming. I think we are still in the confused period prior to that change, and I think there will be another leg down, or two, before the big rally. Some may think we're already there, maybe one of us is right, maybe we are all wrong. We will see!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Didnt even see it as a controversial move honestly, big moves like this seem to reverse pretty often. But yes, there is a risk of loss.

I do think a change in sentiment is coming. I think we are still in the confused period prior to that change, and I think there will be another leg down, or two, before the big rally. Some may think we're already there, maybe one of us is right, maybe we are all wrong. We will see!
I dont see it as controversial. I do see it as based less on technical and outside variables and more on "I just short it when it goes up".

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Regression to the mean is the most powerful force in the universe.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1668110399762.png

edit and thats without APPL (my biggest single holding) because its dividend pay day.

1668112639907.png

Last edited:
  • 2Tendies
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nasdaq just hit +7% on the day. MOC is fairly subdued at 200M buy side (for now).

Bears getting the life squeezed out of them.

• 2Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TQQQ trade up 21% today.

Closed my AMZN as it stalled earlier for 200%.

:cool:

• 3Tendies
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users