1668181515447.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Insanity. I have put options to buy to close. I am the only buyer at the bid. Contracts are being bought at the ask (above my bid) on another exchange. Im guessing these are people using a market orders instead of limit orders and getting fucked? Meanwhile my orders go unfilled.

fris

Vyemm Raider
slight derail

a friend just got diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, bile duct. there's like a 10% chance to live 5 years. she's 50, single mom and has an 11 year old daughter. she has about $400k across savings and retirement accounts. Her x is the adoptive parent of her daughter. they needed a doner to conceive, 50/50 custody.

i haven't looked into a living trust vs will much and not really sure where to start. Going blind will probably get a bunch of low-rent lawyers wanting to sell her some sort of policy that not be in her best interest. Is it possible to setup a trust where the daughter can draw up to a certain % of the account every year for education/healthcare and the adoptive parent be the executor to submit those requests? then at say 18 or 25, let the kid take over and draw a certain % yearly? her concern is if she leaves it to the X, the X will have good intent but probably not spend it fully on the kid and the kid will have nothing left by the time she's 18.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
META working on 5 green candles out of the last 6 sessions. +30% since hitting rock bottom a could weeks ago.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My MA position is back in greenland. Patience is a virtue. Big tech share buybacks gonna be running to the end of the year.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
a friend just got diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, bile duct. there's like a 10% chance to live 5 years. she's 50

No advice beyond "Talk to a good lawyer", but good luck to her. Billiary cancer is what killed my mom at 53. If your friend wants some contact info I could put her in touch with one of the leading hepato-billiary surgeons who treated my mom. For all that it didn't work, he was amazing (currently in San Diego).

Last edited:

fris

Vyemm Raider
thanks. she's working w/ a great team in Dallas. they used the DaVinci machine to remove her first mass.

to keep it investing related, her X bought her out of their home right at the peak and she's just left that in a saving account w/ her broker. she's likely the only one up on the year that I know lol

• 1Tendies

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Speaking of which, aside from twitter, does anyone know a website for market news that actually updates on time?

I was using marketwatch for economic calendar stuff cause I'm lazy and it shows up high on Google results so I clicked it. But those motherfuckers are always some random 10-30 minutes behind on announcing stuff like this.

That kind of delay is obviously not a real problem for the kind of investing I do but its still frustrating.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Speaking of which, aside from twitter, does anyone know a website for market news that actually updates on time?

I was using marketwatch for economic calendar stuff cause I'm lazy and it shows up high on Google results so I clicked it. But those motherfuckers are always some random 10-30 minutes behind on announcing stuff like this.
Twitter is number one because of the Fintwit community. I also use Yahoo Finance. If you hate Twitter then maybe just configure the account to only follow a few dozen financial accounts and ignore the rest of the cesspool.

• 1Like