Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm just parachuting in to point out the $1 per share dividend $USEA is paying out in January. Record holders as of the 12/12 will receive.

GL out there.
Just to add some context. You need to be "really" conscious of the company before jumping in and playing capture the dividend. I am not saying it in this case, but some companies paying extreme dividends are a crapshoot.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Rate hikes will continue until the worker class is appropriately disciplined.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Rate hikes will continue until the worker class is appropriately disciplined.
Remember, investing isnt about picking the right stocks or understanding market fundamentals. Its all about picking what the algos are going to do when they see a certain tweet.

• 1Like
  • 1Clown World
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is one of my bags. I wouldn't try to play it but I'm already 2550 shares deep. (In July I reached max frustration and nuked what remained of my account on this and one other ticker.)

The company is mega dogshit -> back to back offerings on its' run up.
I have already given you my TedTalk on this. You should be owning SPY/IVV/QQQ/FTEC/ITOT or some other variant and looking at it once a year.

• 2Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
eric cartman GIF by South Park

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Damnit, I strongly considered putting in a sell order for maybe 1/4 of our 2023 expenses yesterday.

I'm not sure when Vanguard executes trades, as this will be the first time we sell. I imagine you probably have to have it in by a certain time and then it settles out at the end of the trading day?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Damnit, I strongly considered putting in a sell order for maybe 1/4 of our 2023 expenses yesterday.

I'm not sure when Vanguard executes trades, as this will be the first time we sell. I imagine you probably have to have it in by a certain time and then it settles out at the end of the trading day?
It depends on the type of instrument. ETF's trade like stocks. Mutuals only trade at the end of the day.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ps.. Gravel Gravel I am not 100% sold that we end in the red today. Keep an eye on the market today if you are thinking of selling something. If its a mutual then it doesnt really matter though.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
ps.. Gravel Gravel I am not 100% sold that we end in the red today. Keep an eye on the market today if you are thinking of selling something. If its a mutual then it doesnt really matter though.
Yeah, they'll be mutual funds (VTSAX) out of our taxable account. I've mostly been hoping we can hit 4100 for the first bit I sell. But with only a month left of the year, the time is running out for me to sell. It's a big risk waiting for a Santa rally at the end of the year, cause we could just as easily fall down to 3400.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Market (SPY) reclaiming the 200D here so far. If this holds, that is pretty darn bullish, despite what the labor report says.

Also remember, there are seasonal effects going into Nov / Dec for Christmas hiring.

I have no bets on either direction here today. I wouldn't be surprised to see end of week profit taking on the back of the big move up we have seen. On the other hand, if we stick this reclaim of the 200D, this may just be the FOMO dip people were looking for to take part in this end of year rally (be it a bear market one or otherwise).

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Interesting factoid that may only interest me. After the META crash, it was tracking the S&P 500 pretty consistently. Then just about a month ago it started diverging. META has outperformed the S&P by a factor of x6 over the last month. META PE is 11.49 and its EPS is 10.48 with short interest under 2%. My hunch is it was definitely oversold and might still have some legs left in it especially if it retracts back to the $100-ish level.

1670008791843.png

• 1Tendies
Reactions: 1 user