Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pouring one out for all those poor fucks trapped with shares of SIVB that they cant trade.

Pour One Out Malt Liquor GIF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
So, I've been playing around with paper money trades with option straddle positions. I literally just chose random companies and ETFs from various industries and after a week everything is green. Although this week may be a poor indicator since all indexes moved a lot.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with straddle positions and what your success rate has been.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So, I've been playing around with paper money trades with option straddle positions. I literally just chose random companies and ETFs from various industries and after a week everything is green. Although this week may be a poor indicator since all indexes moved a lot.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with straddle positions and what your success rate has been.
Straddles are all about volatility. You dont care which way it moves, you just want to see big moves in one direction.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
I can see an argument for Jerome to hold rates at the next meeting due to the SVB/bank madness to mitigate against any potential further spiral. Will they? No idea - thoughts?

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Straddles are all about volatility. You dont care which way it moves, you just want to see big moves in one direction.
Right, I know what a straddle is. I'm wondering if one buys a straddle with enough time (I was doing 6 months out), is the success rate fairly high? Obviously, if a stock goes sideways for 6 months you're screwed. But the odds of that, especially in this environment, is unlikely.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Missed opportunity for an "I have information that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton" tweet IMO

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Rimshot
Reactions: 6 users