Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1696947819337.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shouldn't be surprising. Money rotating around. Div names got slaughtered when rates were at highs. Likely some profit taking out of tech that has moved back into the oversold sectors / names the last 2 days as rates and dollar have dipped.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

fris

Vyemm Raider
What does PayPal do going forward? What's their place in the tech world? I don't see how it doesn't lose it's purpose as the world moves forward

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What does PayPal do going forward? What's their place in the tech world? I don't see how it doesn't lose it's purpose as the world moves forward
Well, crypto is fucking useless for transactions...

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Shouldn't be surprising. Money rotating around. Div names got slaughtered when rates were at highs. Likely some profit taking out of tech that has moved back into the oversold sectors / names the last 2 days as rates and dollar have dipped.

Can you elaborate? What's the money rotating into?

fris

Vyemm Raider
Well, crypto is fucking useless for transactions...
Yes, but there's zele and several other money transfer methods that are more integrated into banks and even preferred by banks. PayPal wouldn't start as a business model today. As consumers move to other services, how do they attract new ones?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
With the popularity of Cashapp, Venmo, Zelle, Chime, etc. Im rather surprised that merchant services, across the board, are still as greedy as they are. Or why one of the big ones like Cashapp, hasnt really tried to take on the system in some type of way and use a merchant services flat fee instead of a percentage per transaction fee.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
With the popularity of Cashapp, Venmo, Zelle, Chime, etc. Im rather surprised that merchant services, across the board, are still as greedy as they are. Or why one of the big ones like Cashapp, hasnt really tried to take on the system in some type of way and use a merchant services flat fee instead of a percentage per transaction fee.

Have you not seen the tiny blonde Strike boy? 😅

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Visa, MasterCard and Amex are the triopoly. Good luck trying to go head to head with them.
Combined market cap of the three is over $1T.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yes, but there's zele and several other money transfer methods that are more integrated into banks and even preferred by banks. PayPal wouldn't start as a business model today. As consumers move to other services, how do they attract new ones?
Well they own Venmo too.

B_Mizzle

Question for the experts. I'm looking at the PXD buyout going on currently with Exxon. Exxon is going to buy them out for 253 a share with an all stock buyout, supposed to close in the next 6 months. Currently it's trading at 240 so I thought easy way to make some sure money. What I read says each PXD shareholder will get approximately 2.3 something Exxon shares in exchange for each PXD share. How/when do they come up with the exact number of Exxon shares PXD holders will get, my concern being say we go into recession in 3 months and Exxon shares tank, the 2.3 shares wouldn't be up to the sale price.

Anyone know how these things work?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Question for the experts. I'm looking at the PXD buyout going on currently with Exxon. Exxon is going to buy them out for 253 a share with an all stock buyout, supposed to close in the next 6 months. Currently it's trading at 240 so I thought easy way to make some sure money. What I read says each PXD shareholder will get approximately 2.3 something Exxon shares in exchange for each PXD share. How/when do they come up with the exact number of Exxon shares PXD holders will get, my concern being say we go into recession in 3 months and Exxon shares tank, the 2.3 shares wouldn't be up to the sale price.

The exchange rate is already set, I don't recall which date they picked I believe it was some time early last week. The market will now move the pricing towards that ratio and it will deviate to the extent that its pricing in that the deal won't go through. There is no arbitrage usually to be had outside of that "it may not happen" risk that gets built in.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

B_Mizzle

The exchange rate is already set, I don't recall which date they picked I believe it was some time early last week. The market will now move the pricing towards that ratio and it will deviate to the extent that its pricing in that the deal won't go through. There is no arbitrage usually to be had outside of that "it may not happen" risk that gets built in.

Got it, so if ExxonMobil stock tanks in the next 6 months then the deal will probably not happen? It's down 5% today.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Occasionally the buyer will put a collar on the stock price which means the number rof shares can increase if the buyer's stock price ce falls below a certain point at the transaction date. Without a collar, you get the shares as listed on the purchase agreement.

• 1Like

Daidraco

3.2% is another ~$475 bucks on the low end for the year iirc the bottom payout amount correctly. No idea how people live off ~$14,840 a year in the first place, but compared to what they were making when they were employed, after taxes, its not that much of a difference. I still think its bullshit that Ill only get something like $34/35k a year when I retire. (The roof of it is what, 39k at like 150/160k a year?) Whatever age that may be, probably something like 72 by the time I get there. I feel like I should have stayed in the military and retired as an Officer, as I could have qualified at the beginning of last year if I had stayed in. But on the other side of that, Ive made far more money as a civilian and the properties I have will pay me back more money than army retirement. Oof.. I hate thinking about getting old.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I am only down 11% on my shitty 110 shares of DIS. There will soon be a day when that position is green.

• 1Solidarity