Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Algos busy parsing every word of the Fed statement. They left rates unchanged, btw.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Whether fake or not, the practice of labeling sub-1-year investments with ONLY their annualized rate is fucking dumb. Its like if you went to the grocery store and the only thing listed was the unit price, and you had to do the math to find out how much the box cost.

No, the math isnt hard. And no its not an error I've ever made myself. But its still a dumb labeling system. A bond that gives 0.99% yield at maturity should be called an 0.99% yield. Stick the annualized figure in parentheses if you like. I say this not because it will save someone from some kind of investing error, but because I hate dumb counterintuitive labels. Just label it the obvious way that literally anyone would understand on first reading.

• 10Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 10 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Making some nice money off the lows. Still holding SPY and TLT bought about 1/4mil total. TLT I got just off the low, SPY I bought three times from $410-423. It's tempting of course to take the gain but going to trail and try to be patient as there could be 5%+ more to come in the pretty near term.

...edit I did still hold some TLT from $93 as well from earlier.

• 2Like
  • 1Tendies
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have been leveling in off the support levels on SPLG. Hit green on my position today. I do lament that last miss by pennies down at $48 but thems the breaks.

• 1Diamond Hands

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Making some nice money off the lows. Still holding SPY and TLT bought about 1/4mil total. TLT I got just off the low, SPY I bought three times from $410-423. It's tempting of course to take the gain but going to trail and try to be patient as there could be 5%+ more to come in the pretty near term.

...edit I did still hold some TLT from $93 as well from earlier.
My SPY gain from 410.5
1698950887909.png

I have trimmed half, as I am skeptical of AAPL earnings tonight and leading into a potential Fri risk-off move.
(yes I can be dead wrong on this, but trying to be prudent and taking some profits.)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All of that said, Apple has had declining revenues all year and still just plowed on upwards in share price.

1698951835290.png

117B > 94B > 81B

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Front page of Bloomberg:
1698958531943.png

Stock is still only down ~1% after hours. Can't kill this thing.