Investing General Discussion

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
GenZ financial security thought process explained. No need to watch entire video, starts after Caleb's SOFI ad.

View attachment 505454
Holy fucking shit. Caleb needs to take his own "self-control"/financial discipline advice and quit fucking eating. He was already pretty chunky before but he's turning into a real lard ass.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I watched part of it. Is she an Onlyfans thot or what? She didn't mention it. But she's on the dole and squats in a LA apartment claiming mold. Which is a common California rent-avoiding scam.

I liked the stripper one more. Stripper wasn't even as retarded as you might think, just retarded with money. But god damn a mid 34 year old woman stripping in Vegas was pulling >$12k a month working 10 hours a week. Independent contractor who hadn't paid income taxes in 4 years because lol stripper.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Only loser boomers buy dividend stocks.

You just need to be first 50 employee in a small startup that becomes one of the largest companies on earth and take over as CEO to beat gamestop stock or crypto!

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
You just need to be first 50 employee in a small startup that becomes one of the largest companies on earth and take over as CEO to beat gamestop stock or crypto!
Don’t forget have a time horizon of 20-30 years

• 1Worf

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Happy day after Christmas. Anyone have any ideas for something exciting to add to my FXAIX/IXUS/QQQM long term hodl portfolio? I know I’m probably fine but maybe a little bored. Is there something a bit more risky I can hold long term like a mutual fund or ETF that is just tech? Figure I’d stick with tech since it’s what I know.

Last edited:

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Also 401k is now 100% vanguard instl 500 ✊. Now to wait another 25 years for this lil egg to grow.

Molten Core Raider
Question for any of the Fidelity users that are also familiar with thinkorswim. Does ATP have an active trader ladder feature like ToS?

Had to start my wife her own hsa to take advantage of her catch up mechanic, and used Fidelity since they were a clearly better choice than the garbage we have (soon to be had). Started messing around with ATP just out of curiosity.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
INTC finally doing the thing I thought it would do 26 months ago when I bought it. Good thing I averaged down considerably.

• 1Diamond Hands

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Gravel4876
Bandwagon4875.8
CURRENT SPX 12/27/234781
ShakyJake4750

Two trading days left , current most likely winner is ShakyJake ShakyJake

At the start of the new year we will start the guessing for next year thinking of keeping open through Jan.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Gravel4876
Bandwagon4875.8
CURRENT SPX 12/27/234781
ShakyJake4750

Two trading days left , current most likely winner is ShakyJake ShakyJake

At the start of the new year we will start the guessing for next year thinking of keeping open through Jan.
I can't believe you are writing off my guess. The year aint over yet!!!

• 1Worf
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Going through my advisor managed portfolio. Looks like they have me in arkk. Their ER is 75 basis points. Newb question but who is the target demographic for these funds that have such high ER? People who think the ER is moot when tallied to the funds potential returns?

Regarding EM. I thought this was interesting. My second biggest total mover in regards to % increase since buying is EICOX at around 80% since 2016. Has me a bit more curious about emerging markets.

My biggest % total mover since 2016 is VUSE. Up 125% since that initial purchase. It looks like it targets Russell mid cap index maybe but seeing some large caps in their holdings.

Are these high ER funds all kind of scammy like (what’s his name, can’t remember rn) said the other day when he convinced me to get out of target dates?