Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So the same people who were buying a fed rate cut are now buying a stronger than expected jobs report? Sounds about right.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So the same people who were buying a fed rate cut are now buying a stronger than expected jobs report? Sounds about right.
1704494668068.png

Attachments

• 1704494606994.png
    1704494606994.png
    635.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Until we break below 381.70 technicals are bullish. This is the first level that has touched the fib level below and retested. We did close below the 50% retracement which is still iffy but big money has bought at the 50% all week and buying pressure is there for support.

Outside of black swan shit, assets are the way going forward.

1000000401.jpg

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
View attachment 508135

That non-existent student loan budget hits hard.
I have a feeling this is all expensive CC spending to maintain lifestyles and people are just chugging through savings and credit limits.

Anecdotally, I'm like the only person I know who has actually measurably changed spending habits since Ronaflation pissed me off. Maybe I am just in a bubble but literally everyone I know is acting like nothing changed and I know a lot of them did not get a 25% raise. Kinda worrying.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Maybe I am just in a bubble but literally everyone I know is acting like nothing changed and I know a lot of them did not get a 25% raise. Kinda worrying.
In my industry, salaries actually went DOWN by 3-5k or so at the mid to senior level management. At entry level management it dropped by 5-10k. Our last outside hire at entry level manager makes only around 5k more/year than a 1 year associate.

• 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
In my industry, salaries actually went DOWN by 3-5k or so at the mid to senior level management. At entry level management it dropped by 5-10k. Our last outside hire at entry level manager makes only around 5k more/year than a 1 year associate.
I asked myself about getting a raise last week and told I myself I was lucky to have a job. My boss is a dick.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just putting this back out there as a refresher. From Boeing internal emails on the 737 Max...

“This airplane is designed by clowns, who are in turn supervised by monkeys,” one Boeing employee wrote in a 2017 instant message exchange apparently bashing fellow colleagues at the company.

“Would you put your family on a Max simulator trained aircraft? I wouldn’t,” another employee asked a coworker in a 2018 conversation before the first crash. “No,” the person responded.

“I still haven’t been forgiven by God for the covering up I did last year,” one employee wrote in 2018, referencing interactions with the FAA.

• 2WTF
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Pretty much. The environment is very reminiscent of 2008/2009 where this mentality was rampant.
I've gotten 28.3k worth of raises in the past 18 months, and I could likely get 10-15k more just by threatening to quit for a third time. Two of my manager's peers have called me (the two managers that initially hired me) and encouraged me to do so. I just don't think it's worth the stress at this point, no reason to be a squeaky wheel in this environment either.

So I half-agree with you, I guess. I could get more money, but more money would put a target on my back if things went south 6-9 months from now.

• 1Picard