Investing General Discussion

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
in like 2002 my parents broker asked me to pick a stock to buy and I picked amd. First stock I ever personally picked. Still holding Cost basis of $8 is killer though.

if I bought nvda instead I would be retired now but atleast I didn’t pick voodoo3d

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
morning Gap Ups so far are all bitcoin companies, probably because BTC started surging this early morning. Dont want get into bitcoin stuff, so going to watch and wait for another 2 hours

1706267821799.png

1706267843230.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
SNAP now in play, their stock target price got upgraded from $10 to $19 by Deustche Bank

1706268881822.png

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
morning Gap Ups so far are all bitcoin companies, probably because BTC started surging this early morning. Dont want get into bitcoin stuff, so going to watch and wait for another 2 hours

View attachment 511227

View attachment 511228
Woohoo. That's a list of pretty much everywhere I put my gbtc profits after I sold. Nice to wake up to that. Of course it's crypto, so it could be down double that by lunch (or up twice again).

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Woohoo. That's a list of pretty much everywhere I put my gbtc profits after I sold. Nice to wake up to that. Of course it's crypto, so it could be down double that by lunch (or up twice again).

Bitcoin stocks have a very interesting pattern that I noticed over past few weeks.

More often than not, they experience a giant sell off when market opens, drop significantly, then slowly grind their way up throughout the day with usual dips, and keep grinding upwards into after-market and premarket the next day, only to take a giant shit within 10 minutes of market opening. If you buy after the morning bowel evacuation and sit on it till next day, you can usually make a couple percent in gains but you have to sit on it for 24 hours.

I've played this pattern a few times and was successful more often than not. However, the pattern closely follows BTC price so if BTC starts tanking hard at any time then the stock will follow, you might end up upside down. BTC price tanking is an early warning indicator that the stocks (MARA, RIOT, etc.) will start tanking too. They are usually like 5 minutes apart of each other.

Thats the risk. You gotta hold it for 24 hours and hope that BTC price isnt going to drop by 10% overnight.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bitcoin stocks have a very interesting pattern that I noticed over past few weeks.

More often than not, they experience a giant sell off when market opens, drop significantly, then slowly grind their way up throughout the day with usual dips, and keep grinding upwards into after-market and premarket the next day, only to take a giant shit within 10 minutes of market opening. If you buy after the morning bowel evacuation and sit on it till next day, you can usually make a couple percent in gains but you have to sit on it for 24 hours.

I've played this pattern a few times and was successful more often than not. However, the pattern closely follows BTC price so if BTC starts tanking hard at any time then the stock will follow, you might end up upside down. BTC price tanking is an early warning indicator that the stocks (MARA, RIOT, etc.) will start tanking too. They are usually like 5 minutes apart of each other.

Thats the risk. You gotta hold it for 24 hours and hope that BTC price isnt going to drop by 10% overnight.

Yeah I consider myself more of an investor rather than a trader, but I've definitely noticed a lag between crypto prices and crypto-adjacent stocks. Some of the outcomes seem extremely consistent. Can't help but think there are traders making money off the lag time.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I consider myself more of an investor rather than a trader, but I've definitely noticed a lag between crypto prices and crypto-adjacent stocks. Some of the outcomes seem extremely consistent. Can't help but think there are traders making money off the lag time.

Oh yeah, thats the part I forgot to make clear. If BTC starts tanking at midnight, you're stuck holding the stock until premarket trading and then you're racing to sell it off (if you get scurred)

So not only do you have to babysit it round the clock, but if you do get fucked on BTC price turning, you cant unload it when you want to

Nowadays, the only way I play MARA/RIOT is to get up early, buy it early (3-4 hours before market opens) and then dump it at market open

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Played SNAP early and impulsively, regretted it already an hour before market opened, decided to ride it out anyways. Turned south at market open, I dumped it ASAP.

Oh well, at least it was a cheap lesson.

1706279937041.png

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So basically analysts have no fucking clue.

Read something the other day saying the housing shortage is completely overblown and if you look at trends for all of the housing metrics it doesn't even look abnormal.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
The house on my block was on sale for 8 months, finally sold last week

Demand's back, baby!

Good news is that he paid more than 2x per sq. ft than what I paid 3 years ago so my property should get a nice Zestimate boost

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Bought a share of QQQM today. Need a fed rate cut to launch the QQQs to the moon.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So basically analysts have no fucking clue.

Read something the other day saying the housing shortage is completely overblown and if you look at trends for all of the housing metrics it doesn't even look abnormal.
But then you look at these prices with these interest rates.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Another beautiful week to make money fellas.

RIP evergrande

TLDR: tech earnings coming up. Tech is overinflated with middle management empire builders.

Last edited: