Investing General Discussion

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Dear friend Araysar, could you post this discord here? Maybe then people here could see for themselves if they like what you're doing or not?

Though I be merely a humble pleb when it comes to the field of investing, I too strive to become a worthy Optimatus such as yourself and your compatriots!

It's by invite only. I shall consult with the Council

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
OK, let me edit my last post:

Uh huh, uh huh, right. Ok. So... umm, let's see here, you 2 are Araysar is expert enough in trading to not need some sort of outside source of information to inform your trades, is that what I'm hearing here?
That’s more accurate but you are asking the wrong person 😉

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
yes, about $200k cost basis high 90s
I have a little of this, after you posted it a while back. I was thinking about adding a bit more at 96-ish, but I didn't think that was enough of a move down to justify adding more. My cost basis is 99.7. Perhaps I should add a bit more to it now, if we're close to breaking out towards 120 or so...

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Bro I think right now this discord may be just me and Araysar. I’m sure he’d be happy to expand it though.

Bro, I hate to tell you but you're not in that discord.

Though Foler Foler isnt lying, I talk to him every day about stocks. There is another group Dm

• 1WTF

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
$SMCI to $1000 by end of next week.

$930 right now

Bookmark this post.

HNNNNNGGGG

1708029581872.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think more people should participate with real numbers instead of percentages. It's an uncomfortable topic for most but it serves to solidify strategy when you can actually see what someone is "gambling" with when they talk about day trading or derivatives vs passive investment.

How successful are you, in fact? Put your money where your mouth is.
Agreed. I think we're all a little worried about being doxxed, but I'm honestly not sure why.

Since someone brought up passive investing, and that's all I ever did; outside of that $1k foray into AMC during the GMC mania, that I promptly turned into $500, and then rode on PLTR going from $500 to $200 and back to $500 before cashing out and never doing that shit again. But yeah, passive investing absolutely works. Almost all of ours is in VTSAX outside of my TSP which is 80% C and 20% S, mimicking a total market fund.

This chart only goes to Dec 2021 because I was doing monthly up until then before switching to quarterly in retirement. And I'm too dumb to figure out how to smooth it out in Excel (it just makes every quarterly input look like a month instead of 3). I mentioned before that for December 2023, we finally got back to the number we had November 2021, a month after we retired (still not at December 2021 level yet). But that's also with 2 years of living expenses at about $48-50k a year. Not bad.

This is investment accounts/cash only because if it's not something liquid that I can live off (like our home equity) I don't count it. Found Mr Money Mustache in 2014 and wife was onboard, but we really started saving aggressively in 2015. Everything before that was mostly investing deployment pay from 2004 - 2008 (we made so little money between 2009 - 2012, like $25-30k a year combined, so no savings).

Untitled.png

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
WE DID IT!!!

GOOD JOB STOCK PALS! AWESOME WORK!

1708030011727.png

• 1Tendies

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule Foler Foler I have returned with news from The Council.

Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule your membership has been approved. I will reach out to you on Discord.

Foler Foler your application was denied, but I fought for you because you are my bro. We compromised on these terms. Tomorrow, you have to make at least one green NON-BOOMER trade, that gains a profit of at least $1.

That means no ETFs, no buying stock in JP Morgan or Colgate-Palmolive, no buying treasury bonds or whatever it is your advisor talks you into doing.

Afterwards, post proof here. Just buy a NASDAQ stock and flip it to create $1 of profit.

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule Foler Foler I have returned with news from The Council.

Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule your membership has been approved. I will reach out to you on Discord.

Foler Foler your application was denied, but I fought for you because you are my bro. We compromised on these terms. Tomorrow, you have to make at least one green NON-BOOMER trade, that gains a profit of at least $1.

That means no ETFs, no buying stock in JP Morgan or Colgate-Palmolive, no buying treasury bonds or whatever it is your advisor talks you into doing.

Afterwards, post proof here. Just buy a NASDAQ stock and flip it to create $1 of profit.
Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule can we somehow make this forum binding? Maybe forum backing? Like if he’s full of shit he has to sport a 10 month avatar of my choice? Butthurt Butthurt as forum lawyer is this something we could sanction?

• 1Double Worf

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
What does this mean? If he doesn't invite you after you post a green trade you win?
If he doesn’t invite me to this real group of other people that he claims exist, then I get to pick his avatar that he will wear for 10 months

• 1Double Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Monday Moves:

giphy.gif

Tuesday Moves:

giphy.gif

Wednesday Moves:

Thursday Moves:

giphy.gif

Friday Moves: