Investing General Discussion

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Uh yeah that’s a bit misleading. They were labeling for the CV models they were training. I guess I’m not surprised for that nuance to be lost on someone who works as a call center tech 🤷‍♂️.

Looks like they’re pivoting towards a different means of tracking/checkout via smart carts. Amazon really isn’t, or historically speaking hasn’t been one to kill off entire products. That would go against Jeffy’s mentality of customer obsession and earning trust. We’re in a post Jeffy Amazon now and Jassy has made it clear this isn’t the same company, and not in a good way.. We’ll see how it plays out..
DFR.

1712108853712.png

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m a small time player but I have been playing(with mostly success) with two new services. LevelFields and OptionsSamurai.

I have two accounts. The IRA(retirement of old 401ks and technically 1 other 401k that I can’t merge yet) and on that I am insanely conservative. Details aside it’s basically SPY and a probably over extended FBTC position.

but I have a regular old fail brokerage account that I also play with. And with that I am not quite put it all red WSB style risky, but I def. Take more risk and I am ok with that.

anyway, reason for posting….I am a nobody dealing in pennys compared to people like Blazin Blazin and I am not looking to turn this into my soap box. But would anyone care if I post or discuss my plays? They are not “all in on penny stocks” crap. But more like potential for jumps on ATR or CEO quit etc. things from those services

for the record: I never deal in more than 10k on these plays

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’m a small time player but I have been playing(with mostly success) with two new services. LevelFields and OptionsSamurai.

I have two accounts. The IRA(retirement of old 401ks and technically 1 other 401k that I can’t merge yet) and on that I am insanely conservative. Details aside it’s basically SPY and a probably over extended FBTC position.

but I have a regular old fail brokerage account that I also play with. And with that I am not quite put it all red WSB style risky, but I def. Take more risk and I am ok with that.

anyway, reason for posting….I am a nobody dealing in Pennie’s compared to people like Blazin Blazin and I am not looking to turn this into my soap box. But would anyone care if I post or discuss my plays? They are not “all in on penny stocks” crap. But more like potential for jumps on ATR or CEO quit etc. things from those services

for the record: I never deal in more than 10k on these plays
That's exactly what this thread is for and it's far better to run those by some of us experienced like Blazin, Sanrith, and myself to take a look at and at the very least point out any glaring flaws eg: value traps, etc.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
AGI = A Guy in India:

I used one of these in an airport once and fucking loved it. You walk in, grab what you want and leave. Oh also it doesn’t charge you anything. Amazing experience.

• 7Worf
  • 2Double Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Deebo

Molten Core Raider
Anyone still holding AMC? I've been in a while and was way before the 72-dollar run up, I held through it because I was and still am convinced that that wasn't jack shit. Of course, im feeling a bit dumb now that it's in the shitter.

There's a wide range of opinions on Adam Aron, from he's a total scum bag piece of shit to, he's the ape god and will get us to MOASS eventually. I'm torn myself; I won't say he's a con man, but I also won't say he's doing the best job either.

I know last, I looked it was at 2.99, and I absolutely know that's a criminally low number. I full believe there's synthetic and naked share bullshit going on still. I got some more just now at 2.99.

At this point I don't know if the fuckery will stop. All I know is I didn't sell at 72 and I'm sure as fuck not selling at 3. Something has to break eventually. Bankruptcy has been off the table, the writers' strike hurt the bottom line thus far this year, but movies are going to start coming out again and people are going to the theaters again and will continue to. 🚀

• 4WTF
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Committed
Reactions: 5 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Anyone still holding AMC? I've been in a while and was way before the 72-dollar run up, I held through it because I was and still am convinced that that wasn't jack shit. Of course, im feeling a bit dumb now that it's in the shitter.

There's a wide range of opinions on Adam Aron, from he's a total scum bag piece of shit to, he's the ape god and will get us to MOASS eventually. I'm torn myself; I won't say he's a con man, but I also won't say he's doing the best job either.

I know last, I looked it was at 2.99, and I absolutely know that's a criminally low number. I full believe there's synthetic and naked share bullshit going on still. I got some more just now at 2.99.

At this point I don't know if the fuckery will stop. All I know is I didn't sell at 72 and I'm sure as fuck not selling at 3. Something has to break eventually. Bankruptcy has been off the table, the writers' strike hurt the bottom line thus far this year, but movies are going to start coming out again and people are going to the theaters again and will continue to. 🚀
2.99 feels right because the value of movie experience is declining every year along with ticket sales while AMC is holding onto tons of theatres they can't fill. They're probably losing too much money and have too much inertia to adapt to 2023+ market conditions and other more agile theatres will.

1712154918786.png

I went to the movie theatre a few times over the last year and everytime I think, "I'd rather have watched this at home."

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The shares are in the shutter not only because of what Tuco said, but they diluted the fuck out of the shares with offering after offering and taking on mountains of debt.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
2.99 feels right because the value of movie experience is declining every year along with ticket sales while AMC is holding onto tons of theatres they can't fill.

Stocks are not a limited resource, the company can print as many shares as they want if the people with the votes are willing. AMC has shown it is very willing to print all the shares people will buy instead of letting the stocks value increase.

• 1Truth!

Deebo

Molten Core Raider
2.99 feels right because the value of movie experience is declining every year along with ticket sales while AMC is holding onto tons of theatres they can't fill. They're probably losing too much money and have too much inertia to adapt to 2023+ market conditions and other more agile theatres will.

View attachment 522753

I went to the movie theatre a few times over the last year and everytime I think, "I'd rather have watched this at home."
That chart looks fine up until Covid bullshit. The other main issue was everything was coming out on streaming platforms and some were in movies and streaming. It now you’re going to start seeing movies being released exclusively in theaters only to start off like it was before Covid. I fully think the numbers can get back to pre Covid levels.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The shares are in the shutter not only because of what Tuco said, but they diluted the fuck out of the shares with offering after offering and taking on mountains of debt.
Yeah, they actually did a smart thing when the GME mania hit and they got wrapped up in it. But then they squandered it by thinking they were somehow not a dying business. Now they're still a shit company, just with many more shares outstanding.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I fully think the numbers ca\n get back to pre Covid levels.
Why would you ever think this?

A <$1000 home theatre is getting better every year and won't stop. This shitty 85" TV is $900

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/TCL-2023-Model-Accelerator-Streaming-Television/dp/B0C1J3CGLV

That plus a cheap speaker system, a couch from the side of the road and a six pack of miller lite and you have an experience that's generally superior to theatres.

It's to the point where seeing a big cinematic movie like Dune in theatres is done partially out of nostalgia rather than it being a premier experience.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
It's to the point where seeing a big cinematic movie like Dune in theatres is done partially out of nostalgia rather than it being a premier experience.
Do you have a dune popcorn bucket buttered up and hot at home?

• 1Worf
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I took one of my sons to see Godzilla x Kong on Saturday to a GIANT theater and spent more on 2xsmall drinks and a large popcorn than I did on the fucking tickets. There were 10 people or less in the regular version of the movie that we saw (no 3d, no IMAX). I am certainly no expert on theater operations; but seeing this giant place dead on a late Saturday afternoon just infuriated me. This is one of those places with a burger/pizza place inside, 3 bars, and a fucking bowling alley all of which get almost 0 use.

So here is my thought. Why not figure out the breakeven cost of each thing and just slash prices to everything and drive butts into the seats? If I saw a large popcorn and 2x drink combo for 10 bucks I would probably buy TWO. Same thing with a burger that is 6 or 7 bucks instead of 11-12. Same thing with cocktails; a fucking single Truly was NINE DOLLARS; I can get a 6 pack for that. If it was 3 bucks I might have 3 of them there. I just don't understand the death spiral of raising the prices on the people that are still willing to come to your theater. If they really are at breakeven at those prices than theater going really is dead and it won't be making a comeback.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
article: https://www.axios.com/2024/04/02/dei-backlash-diversity

Not to derail this thread but I think a big part of the DEI push was a political side effect of the BLM movement and other related movements that were invested in heavily (and successfully) for the 2020 election. That investment dried up as soon as the election was over and now all the cascading effects are reverting to the norm.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
article: https://www.axios.com/2024/04/02/dei-backlash-diversity

Not to derail this thread but I think a big part of the DEI push was a political side effect of the BLM movement and other related movements that were invested in heavily (and successfully) for the 2020 election. That investment dried up as soon as the election was over and now all the cascading effects are reverting to the norm.

I dont think its because the funding dried up as we are 6 months away from the 2024 election. However, the Israel/Gaza war cleaved the leftist bloc heavily where the money (Israel + adjacent lobbyists, groups, etc.) didnt like the side that DEI activists chose (Palestine). See Bill Ackman and Harvard "plagiarism".

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Cashed out of my MMM position today. It was up quite a bit, but recently spun off SOLV into a separate company thus messing with the price. I had wanted to just hold onto this for a while and collect dividends, but I was seeing a lot of signs of volatility and figured this was as good a time as any to get out of it while I'm ahead and reassess.

Looks like JEPI and T are (still) the better surefire plays for dividend enjoyers these days. Ah well, tendies is tendies.

• 3Tendies
  • 1Like