Investing General Discussion

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Wait you’re referring to their stock compensation as part of their TC for employees? If so the crazy stock comps are like this for all these companies

Do you ever stop perusing unicorn jobs at levels? You link this bullshit in tons of threads incessantly.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You'd think the SEC would go after whoever speculated that. That's the kind of shit where a lot of money can be made/lost, and "journalists" shouldn't just be able to say stupid shit without repercussions.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
You'd think the SEC would go after whoever speculated that. That's the kind of shit where a lot of money can be made/lost, and "journalists" shouldn't just be able to say stupid shit without repercussions.

The Speculators:

1712333513294.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Do you ever stop perusing unicorn jobs at levels? You link this bullshit in tons of threads incessantly.
LOL I’ve linked it only in the IT thread. Zero clue why data makes you so upset. Get over it man, it’s just data.

• 1Tiresome
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Cathy and Blazin Blazin ahead of the curve, again.

TEN TRILLION DOLLAR COMPANY

In Watler Isaacson’s recent biography of Musk, he described the CEO pushing back in mid-2022 against his engineers’ insistence on referencing a car with a steering wheel and pedals. “This vehicle must be designed as a clean robotaxi. We’re going to take that risk, it’s my fault if it fucks up,” Isaacson quoted Musk as saying. A few weeks after that, Isaacson said, he quoted Musk saying the robotaxi will “transform everything” and make Tesla a “ten-trillion [dollar] company.”

• 1Mother of God
  • 1To the Moon!
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
This association you have formed is rustling me.
Great minds think alike.. You and Cathy have 5+ year time horizons on Tesla so I don’t really know what to tell you, other than I admire the conviction of you both on this play…

IMG_6955.gif

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I’m a fair man. As soon as one of you drops your position the association is broken. Until then if TSLA is brought up on topic or in context. Well.. Let’s just say I admire both of you on this play..

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I copied Blazin Blazin on the FBTC purchase a while back with 2,000 shares.

Anyway, as he posted previously, it is up big time. I was watching it recently and saw it swing a few times and I am specifically wondering if I should:

Set a trailing stop on it to turn the jump into actual realized gains with the full intention of then setting another buy to try and catch a dip!

I know it probably has massive legs and knowing my luck I'll sell and it will immediately bounce, which isn't really the end of the world as I would still buy back in. Or should I just leave well enough alone and close my eyes on it for 5+ years?

For reference, this is in a retirement account and I am not trying to day trade or anything, but it has had a few 10% swings as it climbs ever upward. Am I being too wishful thinking I can do a few entries and exits on the bigger swings?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not trying to soap box, but I know people share things here so I might as well too. In the same retirement account I recently took a 1k share position on NANC(unusual whales). I know someone previously stated how this sucks compared to SPY and I don't argue that, however if I look at the chart since inception it has basically never gone down.

Some things to note if you decide to go for it:

• Expense ratio is a bit high
  • Dividend is junk at the moment
  • Liquidity may be a challenge on bigger moves and there is not much volume on the options side

My position is small so I am not that worried and I'd like to think that it has legs. Leaving politics aside is does track congress which clearly has an amazing trading record compared to us plebs.

1712602346707.png

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Last one for today, promise.

In my regular brokerage, which I take more risk and make more weekly/monthly trade(still not a day trader) I bought 10, 2024-05-17 AIRC 40 PUTS @1.79. The goal here is a quick release, hopefully by the end of the week if there is good downward movement after the massive buy spike today. No intention of long term hold.

1712603799797.png

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I copied Blazin Blazin on the FBTC purchase a while back with 2,000 shares.

Anyway, as he posted previously, it is up big time. I was watching it recently and saw it swing a few times and I am specifically wondering if I should:

Set a trailing stop on it to turn the jump into actual realized gains with the full intention of then setting another buy to try and catch a dip!

I know it probably has massive legs and knowing my luck I'll sell and it will immediately bounce, which isn't really the end of the world as I would still buy back in. Or should I just leave well enough alone and close my eyes on it for 5+ years?

For reference, this is in a retirement account and I am not trying to day trade or anything, but it has had a few 10% swings as it climbs ever upward. Am I being too wishful thinking I can do a few entries and exits on the bigger swings?
Historically when Bitcoin moves it moves fast. So you could see sideways chop for months then a 3x in a few days. The risk of trading in and out is that you can miss that couple of big days and make all of the trading a net loss over just holding.

Personally I believe in number go up so I would hold, but if you're going to trade probably just use a small % of your total FBTC so if you miss a big upward move it doesn't hurt too much. If history repeats there will be a time in the cycle where the big moves are more likely to be down and you'd maybe change your approach.

Trading is the #1 way people lose their Bitcoin tho so maybe don't over think it.

• 2Like

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Historically when Bitcoin moves it moves fast. So you could see sideways chop for months then a 3x in a few days. The risk of trading in and out is that you can miss that couple of big days and make all of the trading a net loss over just holding.

Personally I believe in number go up so I would hold, but if you're going to trade probably just use a small % of your total FBTC so if you miss a big upward move it doesn't hurt too much. If history repeats there will be a time in the cycle where the big moves are more likely to be down and you'd maybe change your approach.

Trading is the #1 way people lose their Bitcoin tho so maybe don't over think it.

Good advice in general and I like the idea of a partial swing with a set of shares I just set and forget. Might even be interesting to do a 6 month comparison if I try both methods :)

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’ve preached many times here, profit taking is equally important as entries. Neither has to be an all or nothing event. I would scale some profit off when you hit a target, but leave some skin in the game if it wants to run. If it pulls back, at least you took some profits and can simply add those shares back later.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like