Investing General Discussion

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
TSLA an energy infrastructure company? Nah, that is so last year. AI robotics..

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Andddd you absolutely nailed it. We’re at 57k this morning. Are you able to predict the low so I know when to buy? 🤔

Predict? No.

I just have a plan and I'm watching it carefully. Pigs eat and hogs get slaughtered.

We're in the totality zone:

1714573295673.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Appreciate you helping make this thread a yahoo finance news feed. A key foundation to any good investor is yahoo finance and it's insightful deep dive news items.

In today's episode an executive being fired means the entire supercharger network was shuttered and will no longer be available.

"Tesla customers left stunned at this latest development from the erratic Musk. When will this man's tyranny end? Let's check in with the experts..."

• 6Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Appreciate you helping make this thread a yahoo finance news feed. A key foundation to any good investor is yahoo finance and it's insightful deep dive news items.

In today's episode an executive being fired means the entire supercharger network was shuttered and will no longer be available.

"Tesla customers left stunned at this latest development from the erratic Musk. When will this man's tyranny end? Let's check in with the experts..."
Ya ok ok. I’ll rein it in. My bad.

• 1Solidarity

fris

Vyemm Raider
at least in the Sarlacc pit, you won't last more than 1000 years.

I'm sure this question will infuriate @Araysar , sorry in advance

SMCI has an earnings report tomorrow. They currently have a PE ratio of 68.9. HPE currently has a PE ratio of 11.76. Dell is 28.97. IMB is 18.87. NVida is 72.8. I don't undestand why SMCI's pe is so much higher than their competition. i don't see how they could have anything in their earnings report that justifies their ratio. how do they not drop tomorrow?
19% beat eps, 1% miss on rev, 20% drop
Screenshot_20240501_100812_Chrome.jpg
... I knew I should have shorted.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>

Rubbish. Yahoo Finance is how I know housing is going to collapse. It even quotes TikTok:

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Jeez, I can't listen to the government, yahoo finance, Zerohedge, Cramer, Cathy, the WSJ, or even tiktok for reliable news?!

What's the world coming to :(

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
Remember when Jack helped Biden get elected by suppressing all sorts of info about him and Hunter and helped all the libs in power by burying Covid dissent? Apparently the Feds don't.

"Internal documents indicate Block processed crypto transactions for terrorist groups and Square processed transactions involving nations subject to economic sanctions."

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Oh you better listen to Cramer, friendo. And then do the opposite. ;)
I was in the middle of typing up another snarky reply about the failure of the inverse Cramer ETF, and had to remind myself why I don't like to do sarcasm and have to catch myself sometimes: it just leads to a despairing outlook.

So we need to go back to seeing how to ACTUALLY analyze info from the likes of you, Jysin, and Blazin and not take the spoonfed clickbait disinfo dished out by the likes of the aforementioned.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
*FED CUTS TREASURY RUNOFF CAP TO $25B, KEEPS MBS CAP AT $35B
*FED HOLDS BENCHMARK RATE IN 5.25%-5.5% TARGET RANGE
*FED: LACK OF FURTHER PROGRESS TOWARD 2% GOAL IN RECENT MONTHS

• 1Clown World

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Feels like the Fed just doesn't really have any ideas.

Seems like they're just going to wait for the economy to do something and then make a reactive decision based on that, instead of being proactive in either direction. Is it that they're all risk averse?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Feels like the Fed just doesn't really have any ideas.

Seems like they're just going to wait for the economy to do something and then make a reactive decision based on that, instead of being proactive in either direction. Is it that they're all risk averse?

Passivity is a cope.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
Fed's Powell Says 'We Do Not Expect It Will Be Appropriate To Cut Rates Until Have Greater Confidence On Inflation Moving Toward 2%; So Far This Year Inflation Readings Have Not Given Us That Greater Confidence'

Fed's Powell Says "To Hike Rates, We'd Have To See Evidence That Policy Isn't Sufficient To Bring Inflation Back Down To Our Goal; Unlikely That Next Policy Rate Move Would Be A Hike; We Are Focused On How Long To Keep Policy Restrictive"

Fed's Powell Says 'Looks Like Substantial Lags In When Lower Market Rents Will Turn Up In The Data; Active Tool Of Monetary Policy Is Interest Rates'"

Fed's Powell Says "Plan To Slow Balance Sheet Runoff Is Aimed At Making It Smooth, Avoiding Market Turmoil; Balance Sheet Slowdown Now Is To Ensure A Smooth Process And Not Market Turmoil Like Last Time'

Fed's Powell Says "Economy Has Been Very Hard For Forecasters To Predict; There Are Paths To Not Cutting, And Paths To Cutting, It Will Depend On The Data"

So I guess we are back to being "Data Dependent".

Last edited:
  • 1Clown World