Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
KODK just hit another breaker. Popped from about 32 to 37.3 in just a couple mins trading time. Daytraders are really hammering this one!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Shocked none of our big dogs shorted it around 50
homey-dont-play-that.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shocked none of our big dogs shorted it around 50

When it went parabolic, it was halting trading within a second or two of resuming trading. You couldn't get an order in without hotkey trading.

Speaking of which. My platform is Power E*Trade. It allows hotkeys, but only opens a trade window and still need to confirm and select limits. Need to find a better platform that allows an instant hotkey block buy / sell at market rate.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not to mention, hard to borrow shares on something like this. Plus atrocious borrowing costs. Here's what it is telling me right now, for example:

Capture.JPG

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I cannot tell you how soothing it is to just have bought some QQQ and letting jesus take the wheel.

Sanrith, did you ever answer your own question about IVV vs QQQ for the back half of this year?

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Someone is prob going to get an SEC investigation:
1596044007327.png

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Triterras had positive EBITDA of $14.8m in 2019 and projects EBITDA of $39.8m. That is almost 3x profit growth. Also the company will have zero debt. 90% of existing equity stake will be rolled into new company. 2020 the company will be trading at 5.5x multiple.

Stock took a big swing down as people grabbed profits but is slowly moving back up. I like this company (Triterras).

Yea I'm shocked this stock is still down for the day with how good the financials are. Got bout 300 shares and may buy more if it goes a bit lower.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I cannot tell you how soothing it is to just have bought some QQQ and letting jesus take the wheel.

Sanrith, did you ever answer your own question about IVV vs QQQ for the back half of this year?

Here is a chart YTD. with a 15% difference I dont believe its possible for the IVV to close the gap this year due to the influence of the big weights of the same stocks. Over a longer time period I do believe the gap will shrink. That being said 15% of my portfolio is in IVV and 13% is in QQQ with QQQ closing the gap more each day. Since March IVV has returned 18% for me and QQQ has returned 33%. I still believe that IVV (or some iteration of it) should be in every portfolio. Historical returns for the SP500 and its sector diversity should be an essential component. Coronachan shutdowns have

1596046195256.png

Yea I'm shocked this stock is still down for the day with how good the financials are. Got bout 300 shares and may buy more if it goes a bit lower.
I have an order in to add more if it gets back under 10.20

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

I bought some too. I wonder if the "crowd" is just too caught up in Kodak and other things for the moment.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
KODK continuing to get halted on the way down before the close. Currently suspended at 33.20. Probably going to nosedive and get halted again before the bell.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I bought some too. I wonder if the "crowd" is just too caught up in Kodak and other things for the moment.

Could be the ghost of wirecard haunting it. Fintech and blockchains were hot for along while, but they seem to be losing popularity.

Did my accounting today, finishing up with the close. Last month I was down a little, this month I'm up a lot. This year has been a wild ride. I'm planning on exiting the market for on oct 30th until after election. I don't got the stomach for the potential shenanigans during it.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Got my days and nights turned around. Just got up and it's 1975 apparently. Kodak and Tupperware eh. CEO of Kodak at least made some sense saying they're more of a chemical company than camera company. Tupperware no idea.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Got my days and nights turned around. Just got up and it's 1975 apparently. Kodak and Tupperware eh. CEO of Kodak at least made some sense saying they're more of a chemical company than camera company. Tupperware no idea.

Tupperware has the most storage..

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
"According to Morningstar, actively managed funds investing in UK large-cap stocks generated average returns of -17.30% between January and June..."

-17%. Holy shit. These are "professionals". I am up 15% YTD and that's with the anchor I was carrying called XOM.

• 4Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users