Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Have not even heard of their Tiberius platform before. They are evolving....
To The Moon GIF by Crypto Marketing

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So i have failed to figure this question out. Maybe Blazin Blazin or another Fidelity user can enlighten me. When looking at the option chain with Fidelity, what is the blue shaded bars under the Volume/open interest columns? I am stumped. I thought it might be the ratio of volume to open interest but then why do some rows not have it and others that doesnt line up.

1606264871436.png

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think it's just supposed to be a general visualization of the amount of volume of each

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I really hate not being able to trade options in increments of less than 5 cents. it makes me a sad panda. I know I could buy to close some of these for like a penny or two if I could use that limit.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
I decided to buy a $35 strike call on PLTR for 12/18, up 850% I regret not buying more lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

fris

Vyemm Raider
reviewing my Roth IRA for the year, i'm about 75% big index funds. at the start of the year, i funded about half and have been adding about $100 per paycheck all year. once my cash gets to a few hundred, i look to buy something. 3 of those 'things' have been on what's been discussed in this thread.

BNTX, TSLA, and PLTR. (maybe CLNY?) those 3 are in my top 5 for total gains. PLTR is the one i probably regret not going harder on.

I'm a buy and never sold guy. I'm totally cool w/ 12.86% rate of return on the year. that's over 2x the rate on my 401k.

just a bit of data to back up the gratitude for those smarter than i for sharing their insights, thanks dudes

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Fuuuuuuck. I’m so kicking myself for only buying $1k of palantir and not $25k I had available. Hindsight is always 20/20 and all that. Man.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If PLTR was a SPAC, I would shrug and say "been there, done that". Its insane what its doing.
I sold covered calls TWO days ago for $35 strike when it was at $20. Fucking clown world.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Fuuuuuuck. I’m so kicking myself for only buying $1k of palantir and not $25k I had available. Hindsight is always 20/20 and all that. Man.

Its all a roll of the dice, a flip of a coin, a spin of the wheel.

Sometimes you hit, sometimes you don't. I know there has to be some sort of crash so I'm bracing for it and refuse to kick myself for not taking profits because "its part of the plan".

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
When the first wave of upward movement happened in the run up to 20$ or so, there was 6% of the float shorted and I figured it was the short squeeze driving it higher. Now there is 3% still short so I gotta figure the short squeeze has got to come to an end sometime soon.

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Its all a roll of the dice, a flip of a coin, a spin of the wheel.

Sometimes you hit, sometimes you don't. I know there has to be some sort of crash so I'm bracing for it and refuse to kick myself for not taking profits because "its part of the plan".
Trailing stop order is your friend, have mine set for 15%.